Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Diesel Gynachologist
10,736 Posts
I agree with dave, 2x4 is over kill. I do mine with 2x2 220wall and its as strong as you could want it. I have slamed mine really hard a few times and only sightly tweeked the outer tube portion in one spot right in the center which could be prevented with a thicker tube there or another support to the sqaure tube. dogonmut could verify this as he saw me slam it into the rock and about bust out my teeth. I dont think your really going to have a problem with the frame tearing from the sliders as it will hit the body and distrubute the weight before the frame has enough flex in it to acually rip or bend from the slider.

here is my mounting

· Diesel Gynachologist
10,736 Posts
78bronco460 said:
I don't get the idea of these tubes.
to save your rockers from serious damage from rocks like this, somtimes you need them to pivot the truck around an obstical to get where you want it. oh and they make great steps too

without them I would not be able to open my door ever again, these things have paid for themselves 10 times over. I dont regret building them one bit.

oh and like dave I like the looks of the tube over just the running board stlye slider. you can save some weight with the tube as well, but whatever floats your boat :chili:

· Diesel Gynachologist
10,736 Posts
jermil01 said:
Here's the driver's side front mount..I was concerned about the sliders clearing when I did the SAS, but I don't think it will be a problem if I use ths extensions.
Im interested in seeing where those are going to fit, I was looking at mine and it seems like they would land right where the crossmember is. mounting a bracket there might prove to be a challange :shrug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.