Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Diesel Gynachologist
10,736 Posts
jermil01 said:
Here's the driver's side front mount..I was concerned about the sliders clearing when I did the SAS, but I don't think it will be a problem if I use ths extensions.
Im interested in seeing where those are going to fit, I was looking at mine and it seems like they would land right where the crossmember is. mounting a bracket there might prove to be a challange :shrug

· Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,776 Posts
I'm going to take the measurement of the stock SAS radius arm and add the measurement of the bent and twisted extensions and see where that lands me. Based on the pics I've seen it looks like it should fall right behind the first slider mount on the driver's side.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Don't know if i'll explain this well enough but here goes.........With the sliders like Dustin and Crazed couldn't you put another piece on top of the slider part that would fit up in that channel right under the door and bolt it to the floor board. That way you have support at the frame and then the body sitting on that additional bar you would have more support there as well.

You know what channel area I am talking about right? I seen pics where someone bolted a slider to that area on their bronco.

· Well Done Man!
1,465 Posts
I would diffentally do 1/4 wall. When we did daves we thought it was over kill, and that damn truck weighs so much over the years it has bent the bar, (it also has 3 frame attachment points, would like to of done 4, but could not find the room)
I plan on cutting those off (They are butt ass ugly) and re doing them, Going use the same desgin, just change the frame mounts.
The new ones will mount to a 6 inch c channel to grab the frame, and the front and back frame attachments will have cross members to join the frame together

· Master Bater
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
jermil - you will definately have to run exensions, as stock length arms will land right where your mount is. i know the extens from rock equipment were 12", and based on where my stock ones are (DUSTIN) to the tranny xmember, it seems to be about 17" so I think you would be OK. I am actually looking at custom tubulars with heims on them.

I agree that the tube on 2x2 looks noce, but i dont have a tube bender, so it is flat 2x4 for me, which is what Bill, Don and Dave run and it works well.

I am concerned about only having two mounting locations on your dave. Don had three on his (IIRC) and the ends were bending up becuase they were unsupported. ih8jeeps has the market on end support so far. nice job.

Mark, I was metal shopping yesterday. 6" channel wont be enugh, the frame is more like 7, and more than likely you will have to rip down one side, unless you want it wider than the frame on the underside. Also, take another look, but you will have a hard time getting to the top of the frame, cause enless I am nuts, Dave isnt running a BL is he

· Master Bater
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Miketnf150 said:
Don't know if i'll explain this well enough but here goes.........With the sliders like Dustin and Crazed couldn't you put another piece on top of the slider part that would fit up in that channel right under the door and bolt it to the floor board. That way you have support at the frame and then the body sitting on that additional bar you would have more support there as well.

You know what channel area I am talking about right? I seen pics where someone bolted a slider to that area on their bronco.

like this

Yeah, these work well when you come straight down on them, but it seems like most of the time I am leaning into them, so using a slider like we are talking about will prevent some of that.

These will help the new sliders from leaning much I know, I am just wanting to strengthen the frame while I am at this for tcase/tranny skid plate reinforcing, etc.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
plug ugly said:
like this

Yeah, these work well when you come straight down on them, but it seems like most of the time I am leaning into them, so using a slider like we are talking about will prevent some of that.

These will help the new sliders from leaning much I know, I am just wanting to strengthen the frame while I am at this for tcase/tranny skid plate reinforcing, etc.
Yip that's what I was talking about Plug Ugly. Then just add the sliders like Crazed and Dustin have but weld them together. Seems like you would get the kind of strentgh you are looking for and not tweak the frame.

· Well Done Man!
1,465 Posts
I don't know if you remember mine damon, but mine is a 2x4 with 1.75 tube on it angles about 60 deg's up to help slide on rocks, I can easily add a tube to stick out your current ones, (that is what i did) if that is all your looking for.
Personally I hated that design (sitting under the body like that) as soon as John did it

· Registered
219 Posts
Heres a pic. of my sliders, I plan on adding some tubing to the sides of them like what Raf has on his.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.