Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
these are the ones for my f-150. More or less just steps..

don't ask me how, but the frame must bend just slightly on both sides because I had to cut and reweld one of the braces on both sides.

Again, because they are on an f150 and cover just the cab, those were the only two pocts I could weld them because of the fuel rail

·
Registered
537 Posts
my sliders

Well I had a bunch of extra 2"x2"x.25 tube so I decided to build me some sliders. I will be getting rid of these soon to make some new ones with tube now that I got my bender. They don't look the same because I had to adjust for space on the frame.
There is another frame mount on each towards the end with the 2 white lines. This is where they mount to the roll cage outrigger.(they look like little sailboats)

mounted up.

I have used a hi lift on both sides and they work fine.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
that is mine, Ryan just made it generic for anyone to use as a platform. Also note that you don't have to sandwich the frame if you don't want. there have been lot's of twists to making these.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Generally whatever fits. Look to be around 5x5 and work from there. That schematic fireguy has was from my install. Couple things I would suggest if I were to do this again:

1) little triangulation from the legs to the mounting pads.
2) a lip under the lower part of the frame for the mounting pads.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Generally whatever fits. Look to be around 5x5 and work from there. That schematic fireguy has was from my install. Couple things I would suggest if I were to do this again:

1) little triangulation from the legs to the mounting pads.
2) a lip under the lower part of the frame for the mounting pads.
sweet thanks alot. i will be giving this schematic to my cousin and having him fab them up for me.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
here's mine I used 1 1/4" schedule 40 pipe on the main beam the outer beam/step is 1" schedule 40 pipe. I welded them to the frame cause I was in a hurry and was poor cause there was a run the weekend that I built them. I plan on redoing the mounting and mount them to the frame. grade 8 1/2" bolts probably 8 per side. I picked up some grip tape at the local lowes and used it cause painted pipe is slick when wet. It's great other than it scratches your legs when you get out with shorts on.

the reason for the sliders

the sliders

the finished product

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
heres mine

Started with a 3x6 3/16 tube @ 55"

Im sorry i didnt get pics of each step, i get a little involved
I cut 1/2 inch out of each of the shorter sides of the tube so i was left with 2 peices of channel with dimensions of 2x6x1/2 inches. I then cut the ends to angles on all 4 ends.

I then plated in the still straight part of the channel with 3/16 x 6 flatbar.
made cardboard templates for the other two peices on each end, cut em out, welded em up, and ground them smooth, they are sliders.

Unfortunatly this is where the fab pictures stop, i got into building and forgot to take pics.

But, on the top of each slider i welded a 1.5x2 inch tube to fit into the channel under the rocker panel, then jacked it into place and welded the frame legs onto the slider and to the 1/4 in plates bolted to the frame.

They are very solid, my fatass jumping on them they dont flex down.

Heres how they look on the truck, i still need to remove them again and paint them and weld some raised expanded on top.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like those Gilla! :thumbup
Very low profile...nice job. :beer

Here's mine...a little different:

·
Registered
279 Posts
A nudder option here is to do the opposite....since Plug had the andy scarr style (so did I before these), I put those holes in the body to good use....

My first trip out with my new sliders worked great. The area that pushed my door in without them, not the same story with the sliders on. They do their job in pushing you off stuff. However, I didn't count on having a root sticking out of the embankment actually push my sliders down away from the body (actually bent the mounting plates at the frame).

So, I reworked them by using the 3 holes in the body I previously had already from the andy scarr's. 2 bolts front and back have 7/16ths bolts going through and attaching to the slider body, and the center bolt has a rubber bumpstop cut to proper size. They now sit right against the bottom of the body and make no noise, and it would be difficult to pry them down again.

do you have pics of this?

61 - 80 of 159 Posts