Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 166 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,770 Posts
Here's an idea for you happster

.25 wall 2.5 in receiver and the .120 wall 2in square tube step goes into it. I bolted them on to keep them from rattling on the road but they come of in about a minute. When they are off you can't tell they were ever there and the slider is flush. They drop down about 7 inches. We don't really need them except for getting 2 small kids in the back seat into their car seats. They don't look horrible and are really convienent.

·
89 Problems
2,554 Posts
oh yeah! that's a great idea! i'm gonna copy you on that one man :D

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
I got a set of sliders for another member here, i have aquestion about mounting them. Should they be mounted against the rocker panel or should there be a small gap between the rocker and the slider.

Its hard to tell in the pics and may have missed it if it was already said.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got a set of sliders for another member here, i have aquestion about mounting them. Should they be mounted against the rocker panel or should there be a small gap between the rocker and the slider.

Its hard to tell in the pics and may have missed it if it was already said.
Leave a gap or road vibration will drive you crazy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hefty, you just made my day 10 better with that idea :thumbup

I will be making a few changes as to not infringe on the copyright, and I'll call them "Log Sliders" instead :toothless

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,750 Posts
What do the gurus think of taking the basic crazed/shado style slider and using round DOM asd the legs and base tube instead of square? I'm thinking .188 wall. It should save some weight.

Also, does anybody have any pictures of "rounding" out the mounting plates? I'm a little confused on how this is supposed to look. And do you do this to the inside plate if you sandwhich the frame?

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
He stan i was looking in to a set like you are describing from Trail-Gear but the legs are too short. I sent them an email and they said the would cut longer legs if i called them and gave some mesurments. The price seems pretty good so it might be worth looking into.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,750 Posts
He stan i was looking in to a set like you are describing from Trail-Gear but the legs are too short. I sent them an email and they said the would cut longer legs if i called them and gave some mesurments. The price seems pretty good so it might be worth looking into.
Thats the style I'm talking about, but it would HAVE to be .188 wall. Any input on that style?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Those trail gear ones look pretty good. Do you think the 120 wall would be heavy enough?
As I recall (not going to reread everything), it was said that if you use .120 tube on the outer push part it can bend with hard use on rock. That is for sure.

If you are not going to beat your rig hard on rock, .120 is fine. I have yet to actually put a bend in mine, just scrapes. I do know some have put minor bends in theirs, and this was hard use.

So decide based on what your intended use is. .188 will handle hard, real rock trail use (the type of trail that will quickly shred your bronco body).

·
Master Bater
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
As I recall (not going to reread everything), it was said that if you use .120 tube on the outer push part it can bend with hard use on rock. That is for sure.

If you are not going to beat your rig hard on rock, .120 is fine. I have yet to actually put a bend in mine, just scrapes. I do know some have put minor bends in theirs, and this was hard use.

So decide based on what your intended use is. .188 will handle hard, real rock trail use (the type of trail that will quickly shred your bronco body).
I have more than bent mine. 120 for real rock use is not adequate if you care about looks at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
here is a slider for those who need a step. I styled these after my Eddie Bauer steps. I never installed them because I decided to make my bronco more of a rock crawler and want all the clearence i can get. Will have pics of new sliders with body armor soon

101 - 120 of 166 Posts