Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 F150 E4OD 4x4 with the 1356.

Im having a major issue with removing the 1356 tcase from my truck. All the bolts are loose instead of the very top and the bolt right next to my exhaust cat. Ive tried using a impact gun with several socket extensions but ran into clearance issues and I also tried using a wrench with wire tied to it so that I could pull on that. Nothing has worked and Im getting really pissed off.

What are some tips on removing the Tcase from my tranny? What are some tools I should be using?

The only thing I can think of doing is unbolting my exhaust from my headers or cutting my exhaust before the second cat. Id rather cut my exhaust rather than unbolting it because I dont want to have issues with seating issues between the pipe and the header.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,686 Posts
there is an access panel under the carpeting in the cab, right underneath the ashtray area.

it doesn't give you a whole bunch more access to the T-case, it's mostly there for the transmission bolts, but when i yanked mine, i went in from the top and made tiny baby turns on an open end wrench until they were loose enough to remove with my hand.

just a suggestion. and i don't know if F-150 cabs are set up the same as Bronco Cabs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, got the top bolt...cant believe I got it loose. These things are on pretty damn good. Had to use a hammer to knock a few of them loose. Im off to Sears hoping to buy a S shaped wrench or something. Thanks for the tip.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
well, got the top bolt...cant believe I got it loose. These things are on pretty damn good. Had to use a hammer to knock a few of them loose. Im off to Sears hoping to buy a S shaped wrench or something. Thanks for the tip.
The short S shaped wrench is what I used on mine. The two of us doing it were not big ol guys, so we had spindly enough arms to get up to the top and passenger top bolts.

The muffler you used may make a difference as well, my muffler is what was in the way the most as I recall.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I used a stubby box wrench. The only time I have used the set.:banghead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts