Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here she is finally in the garage. after waiting 8 months she went under the wrench this morning. she'll be there till atleast the end of the weekend I'm guessing till everything is said and done. we are tearing out the motor, Tranny & full time T-case to swap in the newly built up 400 (well almost new was done back in July) another tranny and a part time t-case. Wish me luck ;) that nothing major goes wrong

pics of the old motor...What a mess

Here she's all gutted motor tranny and t-case all out, so now she's on her way to the carwash to get off all the buildup of oil and tranny fluid that caked the whole underside.

My Baby is growing up :cry when the weekends over she will be a big girl able to keep up with the rest of the big dogs :toothless

·
Registered
605 Posts
With a name like chevy stomper, it must not like chillin next to that chevy trucks flag much. Nice Rig:thumbup

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we just took over that side of the garage and the guy that was there had it up but it will be coming down. Maybe I'll donate it to some poor chevy guy who wishes is chevywas as cool as these broncos. It'll make him feel cool to have a stupid flag waving on his truck....that'd be the only thing cool about the truck if that :p

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that tow rig is soon going to the Ford Graveyard....Thank God!!!
That's what happens to a railroad truck when you give idiots sledge hammers, pick axles, alot of spare time and the heads up they they are getting a brand new truck...Worked well for a work truck for the bf though seeing he his very hard on vehicles. so far its on its 3rd back window there's a pair of vise grips on the shifter cable, both door handles are busted on the inside so ya have to open the windows and open from the outside not to mention various other little problems besides the fact that it is the worst eyesore ofa ford you will ever ever see. As far as athe whole swap thing first problem we ran into so far is a new seal/gasket (whatever ya want to call it) the goes between the t-case and tranny. nobody has them in stock so we won't get it until monday besides that haven't run into anything yet **Keeping my fingers crossed**

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMFG looky here it's all finally done. After some mishaps leaky head gasket
stupid cheap gaskets he used, crap carburator, and cracked the alternator right in half. what an ordeal. not to mention the bf leaned to hard on the fan shroud and broke it (freakin sucks was in perfect condition and they are hard to come by) and cracked my heater box thankfully not to bad that alittle silicone smeared on won't fix it right up. But anyway she is finally running just have to get it tuned in, timing isn't quite right and I have no patience for that so the only thing I gotta do now is bolt up my new rear driveshaft get the exhaust on her and away I go. I can't wait ;D

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Nice looking rig there. I like the paint scheme on the engine. Its different.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Looks good. Came a long way.

On a side note. I got my 205 yokes from ya. Thanks.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Looks good, get it tuned in right before you go driving it, don't want haste to lead to waste :thumbup

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually did swap one of the hubs out just didn't get to do the other yet, not that I'm using the 4wd yet have to have snow for that and we seem to be lacking in that this year.
as far as the blacklight thing I actually thought of that just to see if it would look cool I'm hoping it's all done for the Ford show in Carlisle the beginning of june cause I already got a underbody light kit and stuff and have the light bars on the inside of the cap. just so I can show her off alittle before I lose all sensibility in my mind and see what kind of beating she can take. I figure by fall for the annual truck pull here I'll be over the whole keeping her spotless and she'll have to hit the dirt here and there. Thanks all for the positive responses though I wasn't sure cause ya's didn't quite like the interior I think more of gravedigger when I look at the color scheme than anything. Ididn't really expect things to look quite the way they do under the hood there, they came out nicer than I expected. now to find a nice hood so I can airbrush a huge Ford oval under there to go right along with everything.
I'm a freak I know but I like to be different that's why I went this way with it. :p I purposely am keeping the rear driveshaft off until it gets tuned in to keep myself from driving it I can't help it it's been like a month and I'm in withdrawl here, It really bites I miss my tinted windows and good loud tunes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts