Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i was to install underdrive pulleys...can the same belt be use for it...stock...or is there a differnet lenght belt needed.....i dont know if the pulleys change that much in size?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I don't have a serpentine belt, but this is what I think - you'd need a shorter belt

Long answer is: Swapping your stock pulleys for smaller ones will add more slack than the tensioner pulley is able to do it's job with. Now, how much shorter would the belt need to be? Not a clue... ask the company you're planning on buying the pulleys from

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Don't put underdrive pullies on a truck :twak

You'll be one of the million that had them for a month and tossed them in the trash

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
It defenitely will need a shorter belt, But be ready to see your lights dim at stop lights at night and the difference is not that great. IMHO

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
:lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup

Thats what I am using mine as. PAPER WEIGHT.:) :) :)

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Ive never heard of someone actually putting underdrives on a truck.... Why not do a real power adder??? electric fan?? headers, exhaust, cam, TB, heads.

Might as well put a plastic bumper on when you do the underdrive pulley thing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
To answer your original question - yes you do need a different length belt.
However, I would strongly recommend NOT putting these on your truck. I installed them :)twak ) and they caused way more trouble than they are worth!!
They would work great if you are only driving a 1/4 mile at a time, but for daily use on a truck, they suck!
If you are determined in using them, I will gladly send you the HyperTech Power Pullies that were installed on my Bronco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts