Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
you cant be serious....... DO A SEARCH... and not on a Stang site, but on a site with vehicles that actually needs there alt and ps pumps.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Not agian :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak

STOP PUTTING UNDER DRIVE PULLIES ON TRUCKS :mad:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Heh, guess thats why my fawking lights always dim when I slow down!! Time to put the stock ones back on. Anybody want some underdrive pulley's for their 302.:D

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
:lolup

Just spotted you sig!

My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about ninjas. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hm so i take it thats they are not a good idea...

i figured truck or car, a 5.0 is a 5.0 and it still needs to spin pulleys and if you make the pullies lighter or smaller than it will be more efficient.

i wouldnt be a big fan of having my alternator not get the spin it needs, but there are a lot of other factors playing into that cultex.

if you are really getting rid of your pulleys cultex, for cheap i mean ;) , i would love to try them out

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just found this: Underdrive Crank Pulleys

This Stillen pulley replaces the stock crank pulley with a smaller diameter and lighter weight unit. The belts are driven more slowly, diverting less power from the wheels. I side benefit is longer accessory life. These pulleys are not recommended for use in extreme conditions of where electrical requirements are high (like some of your 10 million watt stereo systems!). Instructions included, and the alternate belt listed must be used. 84-87 Turbos come in black only, 90-96's come in black, blue, or red. Specify model and color when ordering

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
It's not just the alternator.

You drive a truck :twak
Trucks have bigger tires, Spin the PS pump slower and watch your arms get bigger when trying to turn the wheel :banghead

If you ever off road :twak
Your Fan and Water pump will now go slower. Spin them slower and you'll Drive on the trail for 15minutes, then sit for 30 waiting for the truck to cool down to acceptable levels.

WHY WNO'T PEOPLE LISTEN :mad:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ok that all makes sense,

just thought i would ask :banghead

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jerry 1 a b said

"Just spotted you sig!

My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about ninjas. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet"

Here are the facts about Ninjas:
1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people

:thumbup

Mark

·
Registered
245 Posts
low speed wheeling + darkness + large offroad lights(kc hella etc) + underdrive pullies = dead battery in the dark on the trail

Even some of the mustangs have problems running those pullies due to stereo amp draws.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If ya really want those pullies, PM me your address. I'll sell em half price, with the bolts, and the belt, you pay shipping.:thumbup

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bought a smaller crank pulley and did notice a minute difference in power, but mostly in the upper RPMs. After about 1,000 miles, I took it back off because (1) my battery went bad and (2) the power steering was not real predictable--but mostly bad when off roading or in a parking lot. I don't recommend the pulleys.

I've got a failry new pulley for a 5.0 and belt for it (with A/C) too that I don't need. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts