Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Ford Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.0
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was looking at my truck this morning, I noticed a cut vacuum hose. Trying to figure out how to repair it any ideas? Also what is is it connected too and what does it do?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Helmet Gas Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive wheel system

Military camouflage Automotive tire Camouflage Motor vehicle Ballistic vest

Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Electrical wiring Metal

·
Registered
1994 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD, 31x10.5R15 BF Goodrich A/T on OEM Rims, Rust Resto w/Custom Suspension
190 Posts
Based on location, maybe your A/C door actuator? It's a typical failure as shown on mine. A pic showing more of the engine bay would be helpful.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Material property Automotive exterior

Edti: Scratch this. Just realized you were showing both ends. I'm not sure what that goes to, but will follow to learn.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
524 Posts
amazon sells "variety packs" of silicon vacuum tubing. I suspect teh local auto parts store will as well. find a size that snugly fits over the cut ends and slip it over for a quick patch.

Vacuum lines carry negative pressure, so they don't "blow out" like pressurized lines do. Makes quick-n-dirty repairs rather simple.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco, Automatic V8 5.8L, Eddie Bauer
13 Posts
I believe that one is needed for the actuator that is underneath the glove box.

·
Registered
1990 EB, 5.0
533 Posts
Should be 1/4 inch tubing. Disconnect the old connector from the black box and hook up a rubber/silicon line directly on it, then the other end should slide over the remaining hard plastic line. No big deal. Should definitley replace ALL your vacuum lines with rubber or silicon.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,308 Posts
That is a clean cut...i don't even know how someone would accidentally do that...or why someone would do it intentionally.

That is an HVAC line, probably runs one of the blend doors or the defrost flap. But as mentioned, simple simple fix, slide both ends up in some 1/4 tubing...

·
Registered
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
1,802 Posts
As a few others correctly identified that black vacuum hose supplies vacuum to the entire HVAC system.

Reactions: sadboy and miesk5

·
Super Moderator
29,856 Posts
Yo sad boy,
If vacuum hoses are still colored;
1 (White) Recirc.
2 (Red) Full Floor
3 (Yellow) Panel
4 (Blue) Mix
5 (Black) Source at intake manifo,manifold, tree

Reactions: sadboy

·
Registered
1992 Ford Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.0
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your input and help :)

That is a clean cut...i don't even know how someone would accidentally do that...or why someone would do it intentionally.

That is an HVAC line, probably runs one of the blend doors or the defrost flap. But as mentioned, simple simple fix, slide both ends up in some 1/4 tubing...
Ya I was thinking about that also, it is a clean cut. So many questions as to whom would have done that.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,607 Posts
It looks like it was either intentionally cut to get the ground strap by it, or the ground stop was laid over it and wore through [cleanly] somehow, neither of which makes sense unless a PO didn't realize the nearby end could be temporarily disconnected.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 311K miles
1,493 Posts
So when I was looking at my truck this morning, I noticed a cut vacuum hose. Trying to figure out how to repair it any ideas? Also what is is it connected too and what does it do?
There are 2 ways to go in repairing it: #1 cut a piece of rubber hose that fits over the plastic tubing tightly and be done with it. #2 pull the plastic tubing out of the rubber fitting then insert the cut piece of plastic tubing in the rubber fitting.

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
367 Posts
I bet fixing that will smooth out your idle some. That was an open vacuum leak directly to the intake manifold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts