Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.8L, E4OD, Manual Warn Hubs, Auto Transfer case, 3.55 open diff, 31” BFG’s
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing out my oil pan, pump and pickup. After dropping the oil pump/pickup into my oil pan, pulled the pan out and found this little guy in the bottom of my oil pan.
Anybody got any ideas where it goes because I’m struggling to match up where it belongs.
Tire Wheel Hand Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1996 XLT Sport
138 Posts
One of two alignment sleeves from the bottom two horizontal holes of the timing cover. One probably fell out when someone was replacing timing cover gasket.

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.8L, E4OD, Manual Warn Hubs, Auto Transfer case, 3.55 open diff, 31” BFG’s
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of two alignment sleeves from the bottom two horizontal holes of the timing cover. One probably fell out when someone was replacing timing cover gasket.
Haha that would have been me when I was doing my timing chain and gears, Thanks man!

Reactions: jscheier

·
Registered
93 FSB 5.8 EFI E4OD Punisher VB 6" BDS Stage II w/DSS 33" MT 4.10 Detroit TT Locker KN TBS JET Chip
170 Posts
As I would tell my wife, "It's just an extra part" they left behind...

Reactions: JBR14

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
509 Posts
The good news is that you found it and you didn't find a half of one, with the other half being the source of the sparkles in your oil......

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
'96 Bronco 5.8L. 2.5" Tuff Country lift w/ extended radius arms, 33" Duratracs. Saginaw swap.
58 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I was doing my timing cover. Just a heads up, if you put that thing back in- pound it in hard. Don't think I got mine back in correctly- messed with my timing cover to oil pan alignment :(

·
Premium Member
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
326 Posts
It also resembles the alignment spacer in the fan clutch base that mates to the water pump. Don't know how that would have gotten into you oil pan though.
TB

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,659 Posts
I lost a throttle body cover screw on my 94... One of my intake valves found it, stayed lodged open and cracked the head between it and the paired exhaust valve. The good news is i got a more powerful engine. The bad news was it cost about $6000!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts