Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advise on what carb and intake manifold would work best to replace my "sick" 2 barrel motorcraft to a 4 barrel. I have heard that a Edelbrock duel plane manifold and a 600 CFM carb should do me just fine. I am one year away from being emmission free so I will have to pass the test one more time next summer. I am the second owner of a 1980 302 and this will be my first step tward a little more pep.

Thanks Ron

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a pal who used that set up on a old bronco and loved it. i have used the card before and i loved it. it was a dream to tune, you can go from mild to wild if you buy the jet kit for it. i would recomend that you buy it from a mail order outfit like jegs the price was way better than any place in town when i bought mine. you could all so save a bit more if you go with the catter afb the same carb with a differnt name on it. both made by webber.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
awsome! see the post in Emergency help section called "80' stillllll can't take hills" I went threw 4 barrel EDL swap fairly extensively. Also in my experience I would suggest a Holley carb on top.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts

Thats a holley 750 and an Edelbrock RPM air gap intake with a 1" spacer. Thats not nearly a stock engine though.

thats a Holley 600 and a regular performer intake with no spacer under the carb.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have never had "good luck" with holley carbs or fuel pumps. infact i have a brand new holley fuel pump on my desk that has a crack in the pump body. i try'd to get it replaced by the outfit that i bought it from and they told me to call holley it is their problem. i try'd to get ahold of someone at holley for six weeks and the guy wouldn't answer or return my phone calls. so now i have a high buck paper weight. :banghead i'll never buy a thing from holley again, besides there are lots of other outfits that have taken care of me or haven't give'n me a bit of headach. so i'll go with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts