Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving an update on the 81. Had been basically sitting for over 12 years, still alot to work on and fix, but looking good. Still planning on doing many more upgrades and just relacing old parts but every week it's getting better. So far put in new fuel tank and lines, totally rebuilt Holley 750, new plugs, wires, mallory coil, fuel pump. For a truck that would/could not start a month ago it has come along. After rebuilding carb and working with timing and final carb adjustments took it for a drive...from a rolling start about 10 mph when I punched it I left 30 feet of rubber with 33 BFG ATs and 3.55 gears w/ limited slip. Going to upgrade to soon to 4.56 and 35s with lockers front and rear...
many engine mods also to come...even though the 460 is already putting out tons of torque...:rockon

Lots more to come on this project......

take it easy
mike

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Mike81 said:
Just giving an update on the 81. Had been basically sitting for over 12 years, still alot to work on and fix, but looking good. Still planning on doing many more upgrades and just relacing old parts but every week it's getting better. So far put in new fuel tank and lines, totally rebuilt Holley 750, new plugs, wires, mallory coil, fuel pump. For a truck that would/could not start a month ago it has come along. After rebuilding carb and working with timing and final carb adjustments took it for a drive...from a rolling start about 10 mph when I punched it I left 30 feet of rubber with 33 BFG ATs and 3.55 gears w/ limited slip. Going to upgrade to soon to 4.56 and 35s with lockers front and rear...
many engine mods also to come...even though the 460 is already putting out tons of torque...:rockon

Lots more to come on this project......

take it easy
mike

Way to go Mike

now borrow the neighbour's digital camera and get us pics of your progress !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, I need to get a new digital camera. Dropped my current camera at the water park with the kids last summer now all the pictures are too bright. I have some starter pics in my garage from what it looked like to begin with when I got it. Will post new when I get it cleaned up and out wheelin... Need to take a weekend and buff out all the paint..like I said...it has basically sat in storage for over 12 years....the paint is real oxidized and faded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts