Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe nor Roy are able to lead on Saturday so it looks like we need someone to lead us *nudge* Shane *nudge* Jeremy or if no one want to I will most likely be leading that day(and no one wants that :wacko :toothless ). Other than that, nothing has changed. :rebelflag

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
We'll work something out Nate...did you ever get Roy's email? If nothing else I'll ride over there on Thur. or Fri. and talk shop with him...you know he's a wizard with that map of his...Either way, wheelin' as planned! :beer

allcruisen said:
We still on for Feb. 27-29? I am and so is Bronco9235

Thanx in advance,
Allcruisen
You betcha A/C The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I wouldn't miss it! :thumbup

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
can I get some details on this trip? I am in north georgia near atlanta and I should have my 79 out of the paint shop by the middle of Feb, and would love to go, also I have a friend with a 88 that would like to play as well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have his email, I can PM it to you if you want. I will prolly be coming up thursday night or early friday morning.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Blaze, Nate you guys gonna camp out at the site or rent a room? I was asking Billy as to what we were gonna do, sleep in our trucks or just get a couple o' tents. :beer :beer

Allcruisen

P.S. 2fordtrucks, the second run will be the weekend of February 27-29, 2004. Hope to see you there... :rockon

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,202 Posts
I have all the trails that Roy gave me from the first Dixie Chapter Run we did so if anything we can use those..I would just feel more comfortable hooking up with someone who knows the area because they have closed a lot of stuff off, found out on my last camping trip down there, which sucks..I'm going to dig around for some phone numbers and see if I can get in touch with this guy Chad from the heep club down there, he may know of where we can and can't ride. I plan on camping at Lake Delancy, same as before.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
jermil01 said:
I would just feel more comfortable hooking up with someone who knows the area because they have closed a lot of stuff off
That was exactly my thinking...I wanna touch base with Roy and find out how the water levels are in each area, and whats closed and not.

Nate, yea PM me that email....

A/C, BigBronco, Me and Jermey will be camping I know, if you don't have a tent A/C don't worry about it ya'll can bunk with one of us...

2fordtrucks...read this thread for directions and other info...we'd love to see ya there..:http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11020

P.S. It looks like I'm "off the hook" on bringing "The Beast" down...so I'll be in the new rig...(no lift, 33's)

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
i'll be "camping" too...
( i know this is a bit of an old topic) but i'd feel better if there was a "local" leading us... There was even a discussion b/t Nate and myself about ME being the trail leader...

Here's a rule of thumb guys---the trail leader SHOULD NOT have out-of-state license tags :thumbup

P.S. I'll probably be getting into Palatka about mid-afternoon that friday...I remember that the cell service is crappy, so i'll buzz the wally world to see if anyone's there and then i'll check out the campgrounds....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i just emailed one of the more experianced guys in my local club. realy nice guy. i invited him, and anybody else who he might know who could be of help. there are some pretty knowledgable guys in my club. hopfully he will ask around for me. so who knows, maybe half of mosquito county 4x4 will show up now.

·
Registered
‘95 xl, 5.8l, ZF S5-47, BW1356, SAS, D44(8lug), Sterling 10.25 (Detroit)
269 Posts
I don't think my bronco will be ready for this trip but I think the one in Feb. seems more likely for me. My tires and wheels should arrive this Mon or Tues. After that, it's being taken to have a DS made, and gears/ detroit installed in the sterling. I guess it might actually get done by the 29th, but I'm not driving it very far until I get the gears broke in and I ID any potential issues from this most recent swap. Yall have fun, don't hit the water holes too fast, and take many pictures. :)

When exactly in Feb is the next ride?

-matt

·
Registered
‘95 xl, 5.8l, ZF S5-47, BW1356, SAS, D44(8lug), Sterling 10.25 (Detroit)
269 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
It's the last weekend in Feb., the 27th-29th
Thanks!

-m

<edit> updated my sig. Technically, it's not accurate but it's all definately bought. :)

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Yeah, JAFO, we are gonna be the second group on the weekend of the Feb. 27-29....I guess we gonna camp as well...we will find out more once the first trip is done...And take lots o pics...

I am gonna strap my camcorder to the bottom of my truck...Just dont tell the wife. hehehehe

Allcruisen

·
College User
2,026 Posts
In Ocala they are good about signs saying what is closed. I have been there bild and it is not bad, all trails are easily marked, and you find stuff when you look. Rule of thumb is the two most capible rigs are the leader and the last one so for easy access to the ones between when they get stuck. :rebelflag

·
Registered
404 Posts
pretty much all of the Lake Delancy area pits are closed including the Eureka pit. The Eureka pit is technically closed but we rode it during the FL4WDA thing last Sat. I rode sunday with a forest ranger and he clearly told me that if its marked "Wilderness Area" to stay out. He wrote several warnings and tickets during our work day and saw lots of other violations, most were dealing with ATV's. All the numbered roads are open of course. If I didn't have to work sat I'd take you guys to the point at the river or something. All I can do is Sunday if anyone is still interested in the quarry. You can do some mudding in the Mondex as well. You can get lost in there so use a GPS to track your progress and enter the water holes carefully, some are deceivingly deep. I would recommend using a GPS the whole trip, in the forest as well.

Joe

1 - 20 of 89 Posts