Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I came on board as a newbee to Broncos and have been reading posts ever since for ideas. Picked up an 81 with a 460 and 6 inch lift. I know I still owe some pics and will have some soon but just wanted to give an update on what's been going on with my Bronco.
The truck had been pretty much sitting for the last 15 years, what I get from the previous owner is, it was run ONE day in 15 Years!! So I know I am gonna have to deal with some issues because of that, but it really looks to be in good shape.
The main problem of course is the fuel system, it sat for all those years with gas in the tank, lines and carb. Two weeks ago I pulled the tank and carb...both were in real bad shape. The gas had turned almost to tar with that very strong turpentine smell. The carb was full of the same crap. The tank and sending unit were trash but the carb was salvageable.
So..long story short...new 33 gal tank, sending unit with all the needed parts and pieces should be here tomorrow from bronco graveyard. I did a complete rebuild on the Holley 750 last weekend and looks to be good as new.
So this weekend the Bronc will get the new tank/sending unit, fuel lines, fuel pump/filter, coil(MSD), wires, plugs, cap, rotor, battery, battery cables, starter and front transfer case seal. Then just have to decide what tires I am gonna put on it...???
I am hopeful it will be running and driveable after that. I think it will be since it almost started before when I squirted some gas in the carb.
Will let you know how it goes this weekend and if the beast comes to life....this is gonna be an awesome project..i'm excited. Apologize if I was long winded

Take care
Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh well, I received the wrong tank. :cry Gonna send me the right one asap. Guess I'll just do everything I can this weekend while waiting on the correct tank.

mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts