Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like I said yesterday, they totaled it. I got a call this morning from the eatimater they sent out and told me its woth $3650. I said oh really, how did you come up with that?

He says to me (I did a search online for 89s in your area) I said, oh, ok? Well let me tell you what I found in my search! Within 100mils of me I found 5 of them from $4000-$5000, so tell me again how you got that number?

He says (well those are just the asking price, thats not really what they sell for) I said ok, I can understand that. But either way it shows me on this paper I have that the avg BKO in my area is $4650, would you like me to fax it to you?????

I told him I wanted what I had before his drunk driver hit my parked vehicle, and I cant get that if I only have $3650 when they go for $4650. He said he would get back to me in a day or two.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
they totaled it, is there frame damage. That sucks alot man fight it all the way

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
he will come back with 4700 I think. you made a good point you were happy with what you had, and he needs to give you the average that you found them for. hope everything works out.

·
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broncoorboat said:
they totaled it, is there frame damage.
I didnt see any. They told me it would cost over $6000 to fix it so thats way they totaled it. Im goin to try to keep it and fix it myself, I think I can pull it out? I dont care what it looks like cause I'll just use it for wheeling.

Im thinking about putting the money as down payment and getting a 97ish F150

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
you sound like you have a plan but good luck fighting it. My brother-in-law is an estimator in floridia so i get a heads up on anything that get's totaled down there

·
Registered
327 Posts
On a related note, my insurance company (State Farm) totalled my at-the-time twelve year old Blazer a few years back and I got them to give me much more than what they were going to pay out because I had receipts for all of the work I had done to it. Since I had replaced the transmission and engine and had a whole host of other things done (like two month old tires and a brand new Rancho RS9000 air kit that I only had for about six months), they paid me a lot more than what they would have normally paid. Just food for thought in the event that anyone is ever in that situation because Lord knows these old trucks are worth a lot more to us than to some insurance fag holding a blue book.

·
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gunmetal79 said:
Lord knows these old trucks are worth a lot more to us than to some insurance fag holding a blue book.
AMEN!

I told the guy that I trusted my BKO to drive me to see my daughter that lives over 100mils away, now that trust and reliability is gone because his driver wanted to drink and drive.

·
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a call from the cop that took the report the day I was hit, he asked me if I seen the guy behind the wheel before he got out. I said yes, told him the car doors locked on him and someone had to open the door from the outside. Well it looks as if the jackhole has a few DUI's and is saying he wasnt driving. Cop said all he needed was one person that seen him behind the wheel and that the case was now closed.

Oh yeah, the jackhole blood alcohol was .30:shocked

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Sway said:
Oh yeah, the jackhole blood alcohol was .30:shocked
.30???

.4 is legally DEAD.

.30 isn't something you do in one night, that's a freaking lifetime of drinking. It's amazing he ever freaking found his car, let alone get in it and start it.

Glad to hear your standing up for yourself with the insurance people, we had to argue to get an extra grand out of the dakota. It was a pain, but we got it.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
.30 wow. Good luck with the insurance d!ck heads

1 - 15 of 15 Posts