Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to track down a new fuel sending unit because my gas gauge doesn't work. None of the part stores are able to get it and Ford says it is an obsolete part. Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new sending unit and float set up?

There Are several lol threads on this. The motorcraft part number is PS22 and it isn't made anymore.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Man of endless projects
9,161 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
144 Posts
they use to sell the Motorcraft one. but i guess they recently must have stopped making them. think the aftermarekt one is your only bet other than use the f-series unit and swap the arm
I bought a Motorcraft one ~1.5yrs ago. Went looking for another 2-3 months ago and no one had one. The JBG version was the only option I could find. Came in a plain white box and no identifying numbers. I wasn't able to track down who is making it for them or if it cross references with another part. IIRC it was made in Taiwan

·
Registered
122 Posts
LMC truck also sells one.

Just be aware you may not work perfect. I had to replace my tank so figured I’d do the pump and sender while in there. Old ones were working fine but its usually my luck that one Would go bad a month later so did it as a preventative thing.

Mistake. Pump is fine, sender works, but does not ever reach full, it shows just over 3/4 when full. When showing empty I still have almost ten gallons in tank. i went through two and they read the same.

that was the LMC, so I’d try the bro co graveyard one first and hope you have better luck. But it does work and I know when I’m showing empty I still have some time to find fuel.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,231 Posts
Just throwing this out there. I'm sitting at my desk, staring at a Carter mechanical fuel pump for the 2nd gen. I can't help but wonder if Cater maybe picked up some aftermarket production on these newer models as well? Might be worth a gander.

·
Super Moderator
25,324 Posts
Yo,
Green Sales Company

QuantityPartNumberBasic DescriptionUpdate
7F0TZ9A299DBGAUGE ASY - FUEL $125.00 PER LES2020-05-01
Descriptions, for general purpose, are believed to be correct but not guaranteed.​
➡ If we show the part number you need, please contact our sales staff @
1-800-543-4959
Our research office will be happy to look up any Ford part number you may need @
513-731-3304
Green Sales Company - Home Page

■□■
QuantityPartNumberBasic DescriptionUpdate
7F0TZ9A299DBGAUGE ASY - FUEL $125.00 PER LES2020-05-01
Add this page to your favorites list for direct access.​
For fastest access to our inventory page drag this icon
to your desktop.​
Descriptions, for general purpose, are believed to be correct but not guaranteed.​
If we show the part number you need, please contact our sales staff @
1-800-543-4959

■□■

Reactions: txyaloo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update in case anyone needs the info. Bought a Delphi pump at Napa. Oem quality and I know Delphi is big on the GM side, so I'm good with a non motorcraft unit. I ordered a new pickup tube and floater from bronco graveyard. Everything worked perfectly. The only thing I can add is I have no idea who is making the floater from bronco graveyard. It came in an unmarked white box. The floater was a new brass unit. I didnt take any pics but it looked to be adequate quality.

Went with the Delphi unit because it was something around $160 for the pump. I tracked down a motorcraft one and it was several hundred.

At the. Current time bronco graveyard is the only place that carried the floater. The tank size is different than a f150 so I don't think it's the same part. I tried...Napa, O'Riley's, auto zone, advanced, lmc, the actual Ford dealer, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts