Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few months of moding my truck here and there (mainly to get the cops ass' off of me), here are some update pics.

Changes from the summer...
Sold the 37's on 17's for a set of;
16x10 Eagle 186's (4" BS)
315/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's (cheap! avail for $150 a peice)
Pulled the Rear F-250 blocks from the rear
Swapped out the 6.5" Superlift coils in favor of Cage Progressive 4.5" for the 78-79 (or 5.5 for 66-77)
Swapped out the 4* degree bushings in front for some 0 degree bushings.
Installed everything, truck was too low in the front. Pulled the axle back out, moved the coil buckets down one inch, and reinstalled everything..

Took the front lights and light bar off the front, and sold them (go sick of them) Took the factory bumper and sanded down the top chrome layer (was chipping, primed, painted and cleared the top half black,....looks different....

Sold my Daily Driver (2005 RSX type S), in favor of my new DD, 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II loaded...

Next mods this month, cutting the front bumper some to clear the tires, swapping out the factory y-pipe to a Mangaflo w/o cats, some interior work, and getting new headlights and a facotry grille set-up.....

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Ya and you just missed the MA Meet and greet last night in Dartmouth.

Looks great man!!

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I asked for these months ago :goodfinge

Looks good man. Same frontend setup I'm thinking of going with . . .

EDIT: That looks like more than 5.5" of lift . . . how tall is it? You could probably still squeeze 37s in there still if you removed a generous amount of bumper.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fellas.....I did like the setup up front before, but it catches the Policemans eyes when you have 4 6" hella lights and a prerunner bar that sticks out like 2 feet....

The grille is a Stull piece. Square tube, Chrome plated $80 from JCwhitney about 3 years ago....

I will measure the front for everyone, it looks bigger in pics.... I still need to move the trac bar, its all goofy (the axle is move like 3 inches to one side,but Im getting lazy)

Appreciate the comments!

The Ranger has the new 5 speed auto. I was going to get the 5 speed manual, but I wanted the pioneer sound package (with sub and amp) and you cant get that with the stick.. I also got ebony leather. This truck moves for a 4.0L, has more HP from the factory than my bronco does!

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
she looks good man. if you decide you dont want that grille insert anymore, i have a forest green factory grille shell if you decide you want that

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks really sharp :thumbup How are you liking the ranger for a DD? Ive been thinking of getting one for a DD also.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
looks good...cops in mass are anal sometimes. thats why i went with a 4" lift. my first bronco had 7" total and i was getting pulled over by all state,local and registry police. one time i got into a fender bender and the first thing one of the cops said was "wanna measure it" glad the other cop said no otherwise i would have gotten an additional fine.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Haustkraft said:
The Ranger has the new 5 speed auto. I was going to get the 5 speed manual, but I wanted the pioneer sound package (with sub and amp) and you cant get that with the stick.. I also got ebony leather.
Awww, thats too bad. I hate how ford limits the sticks like that. Any interior shots of the leather?

Adrianspeeder

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Looks great Rob. You guys have too many BS laws in Mass, you need to move here, same winter weather without the BS laws or emissions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts