Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna do some upgrades for my Bronco later. And I was hoping for suggestions from you guys for help.

1) I'm planning to get 32" Tires, I know I don't need a lift kit for it, but would a lift kit make my truck look more aggressive? And would the tires look right on the lift kit?

2) I mud ride some, but I'm not very serious about it. Because I've been afraid of getting stuck with my stock tire size. But what lift kit would you guys recommend? A Body Lift or a Suspension lift? (I'm on a tight budget)

3) What mud tires are the best value? (Again I'm on a tight budget)

4) I've got a BKO with like a little rain shield/wing on the back. (Before the BKO's had a rear window wiper) How hard is it to remove?

5) How hard is it to remove step-ups on my truck?

6) My gas gage broke on my bko. It wont read how much gas is in it at all. So are there any ways to fix this other than dropping the gas tank, and getting a new float? (The mechainic said they would charge me $800)
---------------------------

If you guys can answer these questions, it would help a lot.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
1. no
2. You dont need a lift with 32's
3. It really depends how much you want to spend. 32's are a fairly common size, search on craigslist you might find something used and cheap
4. No Bronco ever had a rear wiper
5. What's a step up and what holds them on
6. Dropping the tank isnt too difficult and a sending unit wouldnt be too expensive if you wanted to do it yourself

·
Roll Tide!
2,689 Posts
1) eh, maybe if you got a 2 1/2" sus lift and ran 33's that would look good.
2) NEVER do a body lift, some people love them but i think they look like $hit. plus they are a huge pain if they break.
3) Maxxis Buckshot Mudders
4) dont know what your talking about
5) just unbolt them from the frame
6) that sucks i would just live with it.

got any pics of the BKO?

·
Registered
258 Posts
yea, no bronco ever had a rear window wiper, but i do know what ur talking about, my dad had one on his, he removed it by backing into the garage and simply forgeting he had one. but from what i could tell, its four bolts that hold it down to the fiberglass cap, but ull have holes when u take it off. leave it, it deflects water from going into the tailgate saving you a tailgate, might look goofy but it works.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
look into cooper tires. I have had really good luck with them and have never let me down. I'v'e ran them on my old 82 toyota pickup, my 95 explorer I had, and currently under my bronco in whish I drive. Iv'e been 100% happy with them and will get another set when these one wear out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
1)Yes
2) since you are on a budget its clear body lift is the way to go. To address a previous post: Have you ever heard of a body lift breaking? I never have.
3)I like the Copper suggestion, from what I heard they are a BF Goodrich company minus the marketing. So you get the same quality, but not the markup.
4) Can’t help you there.
5) Depends on the model, mine where way easy.
6) I’d say drop the tank and put a new sending unit in there.

·
I Shear Bolts
799 Posts
6. Check the wire harness where the sender unit comes out of the tank. Mine was registering as a full tank and I ran it dry. Just a bad ground for me, a little patience with a small pocket knife and a few advil from having my neck angled to see what I was scraping was the fix I needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts