Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really need some help.. i've got a 96 ford bronco and i am trying to get out the stock radio.. yeah, i used those special tools and it is still stuck no matter how i yank it, the tools just pop out.. plz tell me how i can pry that sucker out! thnx..:banghead

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Stick the tools in, pull outward on them < radio > as you're wiggling the radio out, and it should pop free and come out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Try those special tools,and push them in towards the radio controls or out both at the same time.If that doesnt work try Search.I have a 96 also you may find that a after market radio is a little hard to fit because of the defrost duct work.Take your glove box out for more access.Dont cut the factory wiring harness there are plenty of adapter pigtails out there.:beer

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Try those special tools,and push them in towards the radio controls or out both at the same time.If that doesnt work try Search.I have a 96 also you may find that a after market radio is a little hard to fit because of the defrost duct work.Take your glove box out for more access.Dont cut the factory wiring harness there are plenty of adapter pigtails out there.:beer
It's always away from the radio. Pushing the tools inward would make it harder to get out, because it would push the locking tabs even farther locked. Pushing the tools outward pushes the tabs inward towards the radio, and unlocks it.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
In case you care I stuck a Blaupunkt 'Boston' cd player in my '97 F350 some years ago. Fit like a glove and was a piece of cake with the correct pigtail adapter...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts