Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm in the middle of relocating myself from Vancouver, BC, Canada to Tucson, AZ and despite my efforts to get Jiffy Lube to lube the CV joint in the rear driveshaft today, it seized up and is now toast. I'm stuck in Seatac after pulling the rear shaft and sticking it in 4H to limp to a local hotel. I need the driveshaft repaired/replaced tomorrow, but don't know any good shops that might be able to help me. Can someone point me in the right direction? :beer

Cheers!
- Shaker

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
There's a Drivelines NW in Fife....

4624 16th St. East
Fife, WA 98424
Phone: 1.866.4.ujoints

http://www.drivelinesnw.com/locations-c16.html

I just noticed a Seattle store also....loks like your stuck between the two stores...

NEW ADDRESS!
311 S. Brandon St.
Seattle, Wa. 98108
Phone: 1.800.552.7647
FAX 206.622.7609

I had some work done by them a a LONG time ago but it was solid work then.
Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got in touch with someone from Drivelines Northwest... heading out there this morning. Thanks for the suggestion. As far as length goes, I'm not sure. I wonder whether they need the truck in order to fit a new shaft properly or they can just build a new one using the old one as a template.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, Drivelines NW will take care of you. Having the truck there would be a big plus to consider proper length and angles.
I wanted to get the truck there this morning, but driving on the front axle with a locker is a bit hairy. They're charging me a bit more than I expected for the driveshaft... they wanted $250 to repair the CV on the existing shaft vs. $380 for a new shaft. I asked them to go ahead and build me a new one. They can use the old one as a template since it was already lengthened to compensate for the lift, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts