Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just venting.... I backed up into a tree this weekend on the trail and the rear tire carrier bent the gate up into the glass. Now the glass will not come down and obviously the gate will not open... big bummer... Went to a local yard and the only tailgate they had was trashed/rusted out.... I dont have 260$ plus for new gate/seals/glass etc... big frikkin' bummer... Any body gotta gate in Atlanta? :rebelflag

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ouch! I almost did the same thing a few nites ago when backing down a muddy hill at a jobsite, I started sliding and I ended up stopping about 6" short of the tree. Hope everything works out! I have a tire carrier if you're interested, shipping would probably suck though.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Man that sucks, you back in to a tree, bam, big time damage, I pull a high speed 180 no damage but some skidmarks in the briefs. We'll call that Karma Justice for you being the only one getting something that weekend. I knew I should have sat my tree!

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Note to self: trees are solid and immobile.

That sucks, good luck finding a new/good used tailgate.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the glass only goes down a few inches then it gets stuck.... I'm not sure if I can get the glass out without breaking it... I will look around in dallas/douglasville for a used tailgate.. Broncobabe I went to a yard at intersection of 92/ridge rd to look for a gate... they had a nice 86' that they said they are not parting out right now... Yes I deserve to be flamed... I totally just glanced over my shoulder and started backing up.. bam!..lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
look at it this way, your old tailgate was due to either start rusting or was already rusting, some time for a new one anyway :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
broncobill said:
Broncobabe I went to a yard at intersection of 92/ridge rd to look for a gate...
Call Dallas Auto Parts 770-445-5911, they're on Bobo Rd. They've got two yards, the other one is over off of Powder Springs Rd and the East West Connector at the Tank Farm. Then there used to be a truck only yard off the other end of Hwy 92 out past Dragstrip Rd. THEN if you wanna go a little ways, there's a HUGE pick and pull down south of Atlanta. I'll see if I can find the number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts