Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the minimum load rating needed to drive an FSB safely around town and on the highway up to 70-75mph?

I'm looking at a used set of Sigma 235/75R15 light truck tires with only 3K miles from a Nissan pickup for $50 from a co-worker who put bigger tires on.

Will they hold up for use on our 5,000+ LB Broncos? I looked at the Tire Kingdom website (www.tirekingdom.com) and saw the only Sigma tires in the 235/75R15 size were listed as passenger car tires. None were listed as light truck tires. Just wondering.

If not, then I'll just put the Sigmas on a '99 Cherokee I'm selling. ;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Depends...

Whats the load range?

that was the stock size for a lot of the Broncos, and f150's, but I would make sure its eather a C load range, or at least a extra load tire. Anything less, and it will handle like a big ol' turd.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't see a XL load rating, so I'll just put the used Sigmas on a '99 Cherokee Sport I'm selling to pay off bills. Thanks again.

Anyone running Kumho KL78 tires on their Broncos? I'm trying to decide between 235/75/15 or 31s for my mostly stock '93 FSB. I like the price, reviews, longevity, and again, the price. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts