Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okk, just read bout like 30 posts on people with Y pipes and everything. But what I need help is, I don't run headers, still have my stock manifolds. I am going to upgrade to a bigger single exhaust instead of my cat-back i have right now. So, I plan on going 3" all the way through. My question is, will it bolt up to my manifolds? Or am I going to have to get some headers or adapters to make it fit?

After that, I'm gonna take out my last cat, don't have emissions where I live. Then either run a flowmaster or a Dynomax Race Bullet. I'm leaning more towards the dynomax, but then I've also heard good results about the Edelbrock SDT. So It's a throw-up on which muffler to use. I might just get all of them, bolt them up and try them out to see which i likes best.

Some input would help and I'd really appreciate it, thanx!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's late model 85. So some things aren't the same as the 86 on it.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Well, it's late model 85. So some things aren't the same as the 86 on it.
Does it have EFI and ball flange exhaust manifolds?

My 86's build date is 10/05 making it an early 86 model.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
351W Carb'd, 5.8 HO. Yah mines same as ur 10/85. Not sure about the mainfolds, need to go check them out. I know right after the driver side, there is a exhaust heat control. Only know this because I had to change it out. So I'll have to check up on it whenever I can get out of my warm house to go outside where it's around 10 degrees F. So yah, haha. Will get to it.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
I know right after the driver side, there is a exhaust heat control.
Thats what I was worried about. You may not be able to use the "Y" pipe from a 88 up 351w with those manifolds. Atleast not and keep that system functional. What does that part do, just direct warm air up to the breather? Or is it somthing more substantial.
(I dont do carbs)

Wich "Y" pipe where you thinking of using?

I think Bassani are the only ones that make a 3" unit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah i'm leaning towards bassani mainly because that's all I ever hear of and nothing but good results. So I'm just gonna have to call them up and see what they say or can do. Unless someone else has done it that's carb'd and if so, post up so I can get more info. Thanx.

But yah, I need to get rid of my exhaust I have right now. I found where there are weak bends and wholes. So need to get rid of this ASAP! If the worst coms to worse, I'll go to a local shop out here and have them fab one up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts