Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got it finished up this past weekend and wanted to see what y'all thought....

added black housing heads and corners, fixed the classic Bronco rust spots, and then coated a good portion of the body and hood in bedliner (including the top) ...

let me know what you think...

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/PotterSTX/

·
not banned
5,970 Posts
that looks great. I am considering doing a similar paint scheme.

Could you post a further back view... maybe incorporating the whole BKO in one shot.

thanks.
mj

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
A unique look to say the least. I kinda like the BRONCO on the hood, though I don't like how it wraps up on the hood like that. It looks best because it's smooth, not really rough like some liners. Which was it?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Uggggh why did you do that? The paint looked nice. I can see doing it to a trail beater, but your truck looked like it was really nice.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Uggggh why did you do that? The paint looked nice. I can see doing it to a trail beater, but your truck looked like it was really nice.
:stupid

But any ways I'm not a big fan of the bedliner the body idea but i think you actually pulled it off and i like how it looks...although don't expect to ever see mine with bedliner on the body though...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments....I know it's not for everyone, but that is the beauty of sites like this..everyone can throw out what they like and pick and choose from what they see on others rigs...

I wanted to do this because I plan on making this a trail/road truck. I have spent the last 10 years washing, polishing, waxing, etc, my F150. As I retire her and make her into a show truck, I wanted something I didn't mind beating on a little bit. The paint was in great condition (beyond the rust) and that is one of the reasons I bought it...if you are going to do something like this, you want the best foundation you can get right..lol..

Ganuus - the way I wrapped it up onto the hood matches the line of the top/cap against the body of the truck. so those two lines match each other in separating the colors...there was a method to my madness...

As for the brand, I used Duplicolors' Duraliner. I did it exactly as the instructions called for except that I used a smoother nap roller (basically and interior paint roller) to provide a more consistent coat than what came with the kit. This also let me apply a thinner coat, so that I could apply 3 thin (thinner) even coats....and with cure time in between, I thnk that will add to the durability of the liner.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will get a long distance pic tonight if I can and post them up...front and rear...

I have not cleared it yet, I wanted to see how it would fade as the kit says fade resistant....

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I think it looks sweet :rockon I personally won't do bedliner on the body, but you definitely pulled it off nicely. :thumbup

·
Registered
651 Posts
I agree! You pulled it off very nicely. I wouldn't do it, but you do it well. So since your going to black heads, can i call dibs on buying the ones you have now?

-Curtis-

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The black heads and corners are in..the stock stuff is sitting in the garage..you are more than welcome to the stock parts if you want them....but did you think I was changing what is in the pics??

Also, I took some 'far away' shots for those of you asking for more perspectives...here is a link to a few..

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/PotterSTX/?action=view&current=Picture2541.jpg

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/PotterSTX/?action=view&current=Picture2542.jpg

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/PotterSTX/?action=view&current=Picture2543.jpg

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/PotterSTX/?action=view&current=Picture2544.jpg

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,740 Posts
Need to black out the rest of the chrome, It looks a little off with the chrome bumpers and that, with the grille black.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The black heads and corners are in..the stock stuff is sitting in the garage..you are more than welcome to the stock parts if you want them....but did you think I was changing what is in the pics??

Also, I took some 'far away' shots for those of you asking for more perspectives...here is a link to a few..

Ooops i reread everything. I thought you were changing out all the lights in the pictures. Sorry! Still looks good!

-Curtis-

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been debating that...I think I am keeping the polished wheels for now, and the chrome trim on the roof lights, mirrors and door handles...but the front and rear bumper might be too much....

Anyone looking for chrome bumpers in great shape??? lol....willing to trade for painted bumpers, any color (that will fit my truck of course)

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Looking at that scheme, I think it's pretty sick. I think I'll do up my truck like that but in black and red paint, not bed liner. Though I don't know if the top should stay black or be painted red to match the body.

Also, I really like the headlights, were they stock?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.