Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting around to pulling the detonated 5.0 engine out of the 94 Bronco and in it's place is going an Explorer 5.0.

I was interested in possibly using the Explorer's GT40 upper and lower as it came on the complete Explorer 5.0 I picked up, however, how would this be accomplished with the Bronco's throttle cable and automatic trans TV cable?

I don't care about the airbox crap, as that can be modded/fabbed easily enough.

I was performing searches using "intake", "car" & "GT40", and did read some of the threads that popped up (and also saw Fireguy's pictures of his engine bay) - but I have not hit a thread that explains in detail the necessary mods needed for the throttle cable, throttle cable bracket and trans TV cable setup...?

Is there a good link, online site or online tech article describing in detail how to use a "car 5.0 or GT40" intake setup on a Bronco (or Ford truck)?

If it's way too much modding needed to make such a setup work, I'll just go with my original plan of reusing all of the 94's Bronco stuff on the Explorer block.

:popc1:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gacknar, do you have any pics of that setup? I'm not familiar with the Lincoln's setup or design.

how about the trans TV cable though, would it need to be modified or adjusted once installed onto the new bracket assembly?

I was looking at Fireguy's pics of his engine bay, but can't really see how he has the cables routed or what type of bracket he is using (this is why I started this thread).

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you have a 94 then you shouldn't have a TV cable. Those are on AOD's and you should have an E4OD. Do you have a push button "OD off" on the end of your shifter column? If so then it's an E4OD and all you'll need is a throttle cable bracket from a gen 1 Lightning. If you do have an AOD I can't help ya.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RLKBOB said:
If you have a 94 then you shouldn't have a TV cable. Those are on AOD's and you should have an E4OD. Do you have a push button "OD off" on the end of your shifter column? If so then it's an E4OD and all you'll need is a throttle cable bracket from a gen 1 Lightning. If you do have an AOD I can't help ya.
:duh :rofl: :duh

You're right about the trans in my 94.... When I originally submitted the thread, I was still thinking I was working with my 87 XLT (which was sold) and still did not even catch my dumb trans cable question when I responded again... I also responded late last night and was still not even thinking that there IS an E4OD in my 94... :histerica

too many late nights is catching up to me.

~~~

ok - so I just need to locate a 94L throttle cable bracket, that's it?

Do you know where I can find a picture of one to see what it looks like?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Gacknar said:
I plan on using the throttle and TV bracked from an EFI 5.0/AOD Linclon
(TB faces drivers side) and the factory truck cables.
That Throttle is small RETARD :histerica :goodfinge :twak

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Cobra Jet said:
Do you know where I can find a picture of one to see what it looks like?
Right here.

The p/n for the throttle cable bracket is F3TZ-9728-AA. You'll have to get it from a dealership but they don't carry them anymore so they will have to be the middle man for you and get one from a vintage company. Cost about $30-$35.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts