Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a 50/50 chance my dad my relocate to the Salt Lake area (Park City, Cottonwood areas). I may go with him not sure yet. How do you guys like it there? My main hobby is PWC's is there alot of lakes and rivers that allow them. I perosnally think Utah looks hella of alot better then Oregon

Let me know

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
born and raised here and wouldnt want to live anywhere else. park city is one of the nicer areas and bout 30-45 min away from me so if you do move tell us and maybe we can help or have a meet and greet at or near your house. most of the members live in the salt lake area which is also 30-45 min away in the opposite direction but let us know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
man y u hate it here its an awesome place if your into wheelin, which i can see why you may not like it NOBODY WHEELS OUT HERE. so if you decide to move out lets try to get more people active.:beer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,389 Posts
B-Rads B-Ronk said:
man y u hate it here its an awesome place if your into wheelin, which i can see why you may not like it NOBODY WHEELS OUT HERE. so if you decide to move out lets try to get more people active.:beer
I'm more into muddin' myself. That has nothing to do with it tho. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, near the water. I've spent plenty of time, in the south east, near the water. IMO nothing compares. I'm more at home near the ocean. Salt lake doesnt cut it.

Utah is just one of those states that you never hear anyone say "man, I really wanna go to Utah for our vacation". It just really kinda bores me.

I'm heavily biased tho, so take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Listen to the people who have spent more time here. They'll have better things to say about it.


One good thing I'll say, is there are some of the hottest females I've ever seen in this area. I'm amazed every day.
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
I transplanted here in 01', after my job decided I needed to move from sunny Southern California to Salt Lake City. I was sceptical at first, but I've warmed up to Utah nicly. Not much different than anywhere else actually, the only thing I really miss is the Ocean, and Ocean fishing. But in its place I've been placed at the foot of the beautiful mountains.

4 seasons, plenty of off roading, plenty of camping and fishing, Vegas isn't very far away, Moab, cheaper cost of living, etc.

Doubt I'll ever leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably know in next couple days

I would go to Utah
I cant stnad it here, mostly the people are what drives me nuts, followed by 9 months of rain

Utah looks really nice, beautiful mountains and seems like very nice lakes

Ocean isnt that big of deal never cared to go there, but my dad plans to keep his place at the coast

I sold my bronco but if I do move, I plan to by atleast another 4x4, so i would love to go wheeling

let me know if anyone else has any opinions

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Moved here from Tucson Arizona 6 months ago. I wheeled a lot more in Arizona, Tucson, Pantagonia, Florance, Mesa. I figure I will give it some time up here. I guess I miss wheeling this time of the year. Seems the only good trails close to SLC are in Moab. Some folks say it is 3 hrs drive, it takes more like 5 because I like to stop and scratch myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
well like i said this might be the time to plan a get together and bbq somewhere now that it looks like people are talkin a bit more maybe at the beginning of march or something;;;;;;;sorry off topic but yea our mountians are awesome to wheel and muddin is my thing as well so we def should do somethin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
az4x4bronc said:
Moved here from Tucson Arizona 6 months ago. I wheeled a lot more in Arizona, Tucson, Pantagonia, Florance, Mesa. I figure I will give it some time up here. I guess I miss wheeling this time of the year. Seems the only good trails close to SLC are in Moab. Some folks say it is 3 hrs drive, it takes more like 5 because I like to stop and scratch myself.
Go west and there is lots of places to go. west of the GSL are some places and South of I 80 out by Dougway and Look Out Pass. Try Fool Canyon, can do it in winter if not to much snow. I travled that area years ago when I was in Utah. Look for old mine towns on the maps.
K G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my dad got the job

He is looking at areas now in Park City, Deer Valley and Sandy UT

I will forsure spend the summer there, and possibly next summer transfer to University of Utah if I like it there

Is there any good lakes there in the Summer in the SLC area for Jet skis, etc....

What is some good activities to do there during the summer

May drive down there or take my brothers bronco, and tow my PWC's

Let me know some ideas

thanks
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
I suggest the Sandy area, more of a central location. Park City is up the mountain and can a real pain in the winter time.

And there are a ton of lakes to play in, we go up to Rockport with my friend and his boat but there are many others. In the summer time its best to get out of the valley and into the mountains since its a bit cooler, lots of places to camp, fish, wheel, and boat or jet ski.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Burl Swift said:
I suggest the Sandy area, more of a central location. Park City is up the mountain and can a real pain in the winter time.

And there are a ton of lakes to play in, we go up to Rockport with my friend and his boat but there are many others. In the summer time its best to get out of the valley and into the mountains since its a bit cooler, lots of places to camp, fish, wheel, and boat or jet ski.

Yeah my dad seems to like the mountaines areas, and he went up there says its about 20-30 mins to salt lake. He is looking at a couple houses in Sandy. I will be down there probably in next couple months to visit so i I will look around for alkes and all that

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
There are Lakes and reservoirs ALL OVER! Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Pine Reservoir, East Canyon, Willow Bay, and if you don't mind a drive LAKE POWELL.:thumbup As far as fishing on little lakes...there are THOUSANDS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
sorry off topic: but million$ we need to meet up next week or something so we can plan some wheelin or so we can at least meet. but yea tell us when and we can plan a fishin trip or something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Hey guys I am new here but I have been in Utah for about 4 years or so. I am stationed up here at Hill and live in Roy. I would like to meet up with some people soon! I need to get my baby running right and hopefully pass emissions.
 

·
Pissin' into the wind
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Welcome Doug.

In the Spring we'll definitly be working on Bronco's, you're more than welcome to meet up with rajncajn, Beerman, and myself. Spring through Summer we are almost always at my house working on the trucks and drinking beer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Burl Swift said:
Welcome Doug.

In the Spring we'll definitly be working on Bronco's, you're more than welcome to meet up with rajncajn, Beerman, and myself. Spring through Summer we are almost always at my house working on the trucks and drinking beer.
That sounds GREAT! I can't wait to start working and refurbing this baby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
I've got a pile of parts that I need to stick on the bronco but I currently work 70 hours/week and when the weekend comes...I don't want to do anything that requires work. Give me some time to get me bronco up to speed and then I'll show up to one of those off-roading trips.:thumbup
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top