Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd let the Chapter know. On another website I'm a member of, they're trying to get a trial ride organized like the 1 or 2nd of November. It's pavementsucks.com if you're wondering what the website it. I'm hoping to have the truck together by then and if so and it falls to where it's on a weekend that I'm off I'm going to try to go. If anyone's interested, lemme know on here and I'll ask and see if they won't mind some people's joining up.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
A lil info would be nice....I think it'd be cool to have a good FSB turn out for some of the events (like Mudtoberfest) but I can't give you an answer till I know the details....:banghead

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can tell you is that they're looking at the 1st and 2nd of November and it looks like a showing of about 8 people...probably more...didn't count, just taking a guess. :D

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Where is Uwharrie? What kind of off-roading will it be? Can stock trucks navitage it? Will it cost anything to wheel there? Any special vehicle requirements? (i.e. flags, roll cages, winch, at least one locker, etc....)

We need details man!! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uwharrie is up here in NC; it's like a mini-Tellico and not as challenging. I'm not sure about admittance fee's as if I go this time 'round, it'll be my first time out there.

posted by me:Having a stock truck sux. If I can get my tcase and third member in, and if the trails aren't too bad for a fairly stock truck, and I don't have to work. I wouldn't mind goin.
reply posted by someone that's been there several times and is going this time: Dave, there are trails for all levels of trucks, And it is a good time even if you just come down hang out and ride with someone else

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Bobby was talking about going to Tellico early Nov. Not sure if that conflicts are not. If it's the same week-end and not too far maybe we could swing through if it's close enough for a one day trip (If theres even enough time for that. I'm sure we'll be pretty busy checking out Tellico).

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, it seems that there's been a general agreement from everyone that wants to go/is going, on ps.com, that the third weekend in November is when we're gonna head out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uwharrie is great guys! I started the s10-4x4.com web site, dedicated to, you gussed it, S-10 trucks. Well, those days are past me now, Ive *graduated* to Fords. :beer

Anyway, Tellico is pretty hard core, you MUST have a built truck to run those trails. Uwharrie is more tame, but there are some places that the faint hearted should NOT travel! We held our S10-4x4.com Jamboree up there, Ive personally run about 70% of the trails, you guys with REAL trucks (Stock Broncos) should have no problems (Stock S-10 trucks, thats another story!!). Some 32X11.50 tires or better would be highly suggested, and possibly a LockRight in the back, other than that, stock lift should do you okay.

Its a great trail system, well maintained and lots of fun! My hats off to NC for providing this, the Communist of Virginia doesnt have any such fun spots!

If I can find some Uwharrie pictures, Ill post them for ya!

HTH,
Andrew

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem. I wanted to make that trail ride, but truck wasn't together quite yet, so I missed out. :mad: Haven't been once either, so if you wanna go sometime, post up, I'm sure we can get a trail ride together here and over there on that forum...when Uwharrie opens back up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts