Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Bronco with a stock 302. I have recently had a buddy offer to sell me a 1997 Ford V-10 (i am actually not sure of the year of the motor, but i think he said 1997) from an Econoline van. I am wondering how difficult it would be to shimmy that lump into my bronco. If it is even possible? does anyone know what and where the pitfalls would be with a project like this??

thanks.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,819 Posts
anything can be done with enough patience and money.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,961 Posts
You like computers? Major wiring? Lots a sensors? V10 is right for you then.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
43 Posts
dummy said:
I have a 1990 Bronco with a stock 302. I have recently had a buddy offer to sell me a 1997 Ford V-10 (i am actually not sure of the year of the motor, but i think he said 1997) from an Econoline van. I am wondering how difficult it would be to shimmy that lump into my bronco. If it is even possible? does anyone know what and where the pitfalls would be with a project like this??

thanks.
There's a guy who recently put a 5.4 mod motor in his '79 Bronco and it was pretty sweet. A V-10 would be awesome but unless you have some serious fabrication and electrical skills it wouldn't be worth it. If I had a solid three months and an extra $8,000 I'd try it.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Indybronco said:
There's a guy who recently put a 5.4 mod motor in his '79 Bronco and it was pretty sweet. A V-10 would be awesome but unless you have some serious fabrication and electrical skills it wouldn't be worth it. If I had a solid three months and an extra $8,000 I'd try it.
http://home.comcast.net/~qcrispin/bronco/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts