Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no idea where this goes. i was wheeling and i noticed my truck was running hot and idealing hard. i turned the radio off and heard a hissing. i plugged the hose with a screw and it ideals fine and runs at normal temp. i now have a problem when the truck tries to shift in to 2nd gear at high rpms. it slams it self into gear, but when i feather around 2 1/2 grand is shifts fine. i dont know if this hose is a factor in tranny problem.

almost forgot its an 89 bronco 351w no mods that i know of and i belive its an orginal tranny.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,077 Posts
That's the line that goes from your radiator to your throttle body. It circulates coolant through the TB to help it start during cold mornings. Look at the top of your radiat to see if there is another portion of the hose that has been capped off as well. It may have a leak. A lot of guys on the site have pretty much done that and capped it off, no big deal.

·
0 Posts
it goes to the Vapor Management Valve, which then goes on to the carbon can.
If you need, I can get a pic of mine and send it over to you.

BUt, I dont see a Vapor Management Valve in your pic?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont worry about the pic. now that i know where it goes i can look it up in the book. thanks anybody knows why my transmission would shift like it is.

·
0 Posts
Too late on the Pic, i snagged it from msuforeman and edited it.

The bottom of the Vapor Management thing has an "in" and an "out", the vaccum line in your hand goes into one side of the "T".

As for your tranny? Maybe TPS? Dont know why its loading up mass pressure when it doesnt need to.

Either way fix your vacuum line and reset your CPU, then drive it around and see if the problem goes away.

good luck,

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
what jermil is referring to is the larger hose (that your index finger is pointing to) that circulates coolant through the throttle body. taco is right, you should have a Canister Purge Valve (never heard it called a VMV but same thing) in line, which then goes down to the charcoal canister mounted to the passenger side frame rail below the radiator. This should have a 2nd line on it that follows the pass. frame rail back to the gas tank. Basically it just lets excess fumes from the gas tank get to the engine so they are burned, which seems like a good idea to me so I'd try to get it working if you just need a couple hoses. I had a hard time finding one of those purge valves at any of the parts store chains but I pocketed several at the local upullit yard as they come on damn near every ford vehicle made in the last 20 years :thumbup I got mine off old crown vics and lincolns... same same damn part # too! :toothless

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,077 Posts
Thanks for clarifying for me Muddy, that is what I meant.:thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
that hose feeds from the charcole can on the fender. It's purly emisions, and is not affecting your tranny shifting issue.

You must have been idling hard to knock off a vacuum line and piss off the tranny. Is this the C6 or the E4OD tranny?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am assuming i have a C6 i have no over drive button on the shifter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts