Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this has happenned to peopel before. i was putting in new spark plus and wires and i broke a vacume line. it's the green one that goes into the EVR on top of the EGR. i've looked through every post i could find and no one said what they used to patch their vacume lines when they broke.

i would just go to the parts store and ask but i get a check engine light and it runs funny way before i get there. i'm at school so i don't have access to well anything. but i could get a ride to the store. or should i just drive the truck to the store and not worry about detonating it?

i think i'm gunna replace some of these vacume lines myself so they are more out of the way. i've herd peopel say ruber hose but what size? will the parts place know?

help.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Are you kidding?

Measure the od of your line and get abot 3" of rubber line. Or just go to the parts store and get 3" of 3/16", 1/4", and 5/16" ID, that way you know you will be covered.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
waltman said:
Are you kidding?
:stupid
1. Drive to parts store.

2. Upon arival remove green vaccume line.

3. Carry in store.

4. Hand line to parts employe.

5. Say the Following
"Do you have any rubber vaccum hose I can replace this with"

6. If the employe so much as hesitates, ask for the person with the most experiance.

7. Purchase new rubber hose.

8. Install.

9. Drive away.

10. Remember to avoid Yams.

jam0o0 said:
it's the green one that goes into the EVR on top of the EGR.
The EVP is on top of the EGR and the vaccum line doesn't connect to it. The green line goes from the EVR to the EGR.
But I knew what you where talking about.:toothless :beer

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok yea that was way easier than i thought it would be. this is my first truck that i have to take care of so everything is new. and i my dad has always bought new cars so i have no help there. thanks guys. the thing i was worried about is that i couldn't get all the way to the parts store because it's pretty far away. and i didn't want to risk damaging the engine. thanks for the help. this was the cheepest fix yet. .73$ for a foot. they wouldn't let me get less than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts