Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've been troubleshooting my elect. 4x4 problem (just get a clickin' noise in dash when i push the button). I've got the electronic box testing fine..four blinks ect..., when I sprayed up under the bronc today to clean it up so I could work on the transfer case I noticed the vacuum line coming out the top front (drivers side) is broken and has a bolt stuck in it. Um ...where does it go to? I'm thinking since the line goes into the case its either a vacuum or an overflow, am I close? I want to figure this one out before I start pulling the switch and actuator off the backside to be sure that the line being cut isn't the problem with the no shifting. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
331 Posts
a pic would help but your tranny has a vent line... I have the AOD and mine is on the driver side...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, here is a photo, the line comes off the transfer case and looks like it goes forward, but of course its broke with a bolt stuck in it. Can anyone tell me where the line goes ? I have plenty of vacuum line about the size of the stuff thats on there, so I can replace it. I'll start looking for the other end, prolly has been capped off up front somewhere.

Attachments

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
That's simply a vent line. Don't worry about it for the moment, it's not causing you any problems. I would certainly address it later, by replacing that line and making sure it's vented to a place that will not let water/dirt into it. Mine go up to the engine compartment and have filters on them.

http://ylobronc.users.superford.org/documents/electric1356/elec1356.htm

Click on that link and use it to diagnose the problems you have with your electric t-case.

I've had to diagnose my electric shift t-case twice when it wouldnt work and each time was very easy, but also very intimidating at first. Just go line by line and post up questions if you have them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
yup, looks like my vent line, but you have to wonder why someone put a screw in there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts