Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's this vacuum line for? Where is the other end connected to? It snapped off of the harness. I can see the other white end, but will be replacing the entire line.

I bought a plastic vacuum canister from a 2000s Ford. Anyway to tell which end might be black/red? The hole on the right is labeled "vac" - I'm assuming it's backwards here:

·
Registered
1996 351W MAF E4OD A/T XLT A/C Auto hubs GT40P Mod
55 Posts
On mine the whiteish line makes a 180 at the fan motor and into the loom heading through the fire wall. Guessing it goes to the HVAC controller in the dash.

At the vacuum reservoir I've got red and white on top and red and black on bottom. The red is towards the battery side on both.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,379 Posts
What's this vacuum line for? Where is the other end connected to? It snapped off of the harness. I can see the other white end, but will be replacing the entire line.

View attachment 160210

I bought a plastic vacuum canister from a 2000s Ford. Anyway to tell which end might be black/red? The hole on the right is labeled "vac" - I'm assuming it's backwards here:
View attachment 160211
@Tacotuesday is correct, the white vacuum line goes in through the firewall and controls the fresh air damper which is right under that vacuum actuator the old line is attached to.

For your new vacuum canister take both of the lines off of the canister and see which one has the vacuum on it. You can tell by putting your finger on the end of the lines and see which one sucks air while the engine is running. That one goes on the port labeled "vac" on your reservoir.

If one of those two lines doesn't have a vacuum on it, you have a vacuum leak. This may be the case since your white line going to the fresh air damper has hanging ....

If I were you I would do a full system vacuum line check. Read the thread below. @miesk5 has a great write up starting at post number 9 explaining the system check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts