Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the vacuum lines the same for a 302 and 351? I pulled the lines from a 302 and it has a line my 351 doesn't have. I have 2 red lines that hook to the manifold on the drivers side near the throttle body and one spot that is capped. The 302 harness has a 3 prong rubber connector with a black hose coming off. Is my 351 missing the black hose or was that only 302.

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
yo, good stuff Lazerz!
if missing the label get it;
Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal; Contains Vacuum Diagram & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP. On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel; Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list." Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker). Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover. Suggest Right Clicking this Hot Link & Open in New Window
Source: by Ford @ http://www.motorcraftservice.com

this is for the 90 5.8 -- I chose CALIBRATION: 0-64E-R00

figure that the Images appeared and then when I left for another section and came back to Red X's!
here is the URL for the Image;
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/auxf/~WC/USENIE/1981/F0AEDCV.gif
==

90 5.0;
CALIBRATION: 0-53E-R00

here is the URL for the Image;
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/auxf/~WC/USENIE/1981/F0AEDCV.gif
Vacuum Line Acronyms & Color Codes; Red = Main vacuum; Green = EGR function; Orange = Heat control Valve (exhaust & intake) (AKA heat riser but more complex); Yellow = Distributor advance; White = EGR vacuum (source); Black = Mainly used for the Evaporative emissions control
Black = Thermactor ACV or Diverter valve
Blue = Throttle Kicker control; Pink = Thermactor Air Bypass Valve (TAB or (BPV) /AIR Bypass (AIRB) valve - ACV (Air Control Valve) is the TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) Valve (AIR Bypass (AIRB) and AIR Diverter (AIRD) valve combinations)

MAN VAC is Manifold Vacuum
FPR is Fuel Pressure Regulator
EGR is Exhaust Gas Re-circulation Valve
SOL V: Thermactor Air Diverter (TAD) Solenoid (SOL V) (AIRD) & Thermactor Air Bypass (TAB) Solenoid
EVR is EGR Vacuum Regulator
VRESER is the Vacuum Reservoir Can (Tank);
V REST on later years is Vapor Valve (Roll-Over)
V REST on earlier years such as SEABRONC's 83 is a Vacuum Restictor/delay valve, it delays vacuum for a certain amount of time
Carbon Can is Carbon Canister (Charcoal Canister, Vapor Canister, Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister)
MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
AIR BPV is the AIR Bypass (AIRB) Valve; also called the TAB (Thermactor Air Bypass) Valve
CPRV is Canister Purge Solenoid Valve/ Canister Purge Solenoid (CANP)
VCKV is Vacuum Check Valve
CAT is catalytic converter
ENG is engine
PCV is Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve
y Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck), Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) & miesk5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. After taking a good look again I do have the hose. It is just attached at another spot near where the other lines are attached.

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
yo, gl and replace a line if it is damaged or brittle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts