Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i can't find OEM replacement vacuum hoses (because they're not cluttered). Does anyone know where i can get them. Anyways, i went ahead and got 25 feet of rubber vacuum hose (for now). The question I'm going to ask is the original line seems to be 1/8th O.D. and the rubber line is 1/8 I.D. is changing the I.D. going to change the vacuum on my engine. just wondering. thanks.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
What is the ID of the original line? That is what matters, I'll bet it is around 1/8" . But off hand I think you should be OK, as long as the new rubber hose is a snug fit.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
It won't make any difference. I get all my vacuum lines by stripping them off junkers in the bone yard.

Good luck,

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Yeah, it wont make any difference at all. Vacuum is vacuum no matter what it's in... you just dont want the lines to be waaay to big.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
also I dont think they still make the hard plastic lines anymore...they are crap anyways...stick with the rubber lines and just replace one by one.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced all but one so far and my I've noticed a little difference in how it runs. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
29,094 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts