Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 EFI - 5.8L

Replaced all the lines ( I think) with silicon hoses. I followed the diagram under my hood and the infamous (1) Replace Plastic Vacuum Hoses with Rubber | Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum (fullsizebronco.com) thread.

Tree has 6 vacuum nipples
1 was already capped (not sure if this is stock or PO did it)
1 of them I cant figure out what its for (should it be capped??) See arrow below

I did some searching but didnt come across tree diagrams or which nipple should be what vacuum(does it matter?)

Here's a shot from the passenger side

·
Registered
89 Posts
On my 94, one of the nipples is capped. Yours looks correct to me. I would just cap that nipple and call it good.

The lines should be - 1 to HVAC - 1 to vacuum canister - 1 to MAP - 1 to FPR - 1 (big one) to brake booster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On my 94, one of the nipples is capped. Yours looks correct to me. I would just cap that nipple and call it good.

The lines should be - 1 to HVAC - 1 to vacuum canister - 1 to MAP - 1 to FPR - 1 (big one) to brake booster.
So you have 5 nipples? Wonder why mine has 6 - same year.

Interesting

·
Registered
89 Posts
So you have 5 nipples? Wonder why mine has 6 - same year.

Interesting
I guess it depends on how you're counting. I have 5 small nipples, and one big one for the brake booster (center of the tree). One small nipple was capped from the factory. That makes 6. Unless you are saying you have 6 small nipples plus the big one in the middle for the brake booster? I can't tell from the angle of your picture.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,247 Posts
There are different vacuum trees which are interchangeable, so you can never rule out the possibility that a previous owner changed out the tree themselves. I know I did after doing the vacuum hose replacement and determining there was no remaining need for the vacuum reservoir according to my under-hood schematic (no cruise, TAD/TAB deleted), so I switched to a tree with fewer barbs to cap (and potentially leak).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it for a spin and the check engine light came on. I didnt have the lines in the correct position at the Vacuum Reservoir (coffee can). I swapped them and everything runs smooth.

I want to note for anyone reading this - before redoing the vacuum lines, it hesitated when I hit the gas - especially while I was stopped. I knew I had a long road ahead trying to figure out what the problem is but this seems to have fixed it.

ill report back if the problem arises again but this is a good,inexpensive upgrade that can make your Bronco run better.

Appreciate the support in this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts