Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some things done i wanted to start a tread and try to get some pics up. I am putting 2006 f350 axles under my 1996 XLT.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know everyone likes to post pictures flipping these off, but I'd rather leave it with; the four broncos I have owned with TTB served me well, I always asked more of them then they were designed for and sometimes they pulled it off....
sometimes though....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My arms are an attempt to use a hybrid of the extended superlift TTB style and the 05+ style of my own concoction. I like that there is only about +-1" of difference in the broncos frame width and these dana 60's.
It was a monster to wrestle in there but I got it.
brakes on temporary lines connected new wheels and trash tires on.
The extended bronco lines for the superlift 6" TTB lift aren't enough even bent out to be longer, and shocks are way to short!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have to get my reamer in for the steering (supposed to be here monday) and finish my track bar mount I am shoehorning in. Brake lines are coming in soon and most of my Frankenstein parts for the rear are on the way. I used a 1996 F350 brake booster and a 1997 master cylinder.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those radius arms leave a lot to be desired in my opinion, especially the frame mount side.
They are the same as factory TTB mounts, this is my first foray into self fabbing suspension components. What specifically do you think is weak about them? I can get some pictures of them if need be. they attach exactly the same as superlifts arms that are the first picture in post #7.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,406 Posts
The rad arms look nice, but I would box the tail end up a bit. Doesn't look like there is much holding the two tubes together at that end. And maybe streamline the front mounts up a bit; they look a little clunky.

I'll take my ttb over the Chevy/new style of ifs any day.

Keep up the fabbin'

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
They are the same as factory TTB mounts, this is my first foray into self fabbing suspension components. What specifically do you think is weak about them? I can get some pictures of them if need be. they attach exactly the same as superlifts arms that are the first picture in post #7.
I would say the entire thing, need a tube connecting the both tubes in the middle and some plating as well and what are you using for that bolt and how is it attached to the rest of it.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
They look a bit short to me. Maybe just the pics.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would say the entire thing, need a tube connecting the both tubes in the middle and some plating as well and what are you using for that bolt and how is it attached to the rest of it.
I actually plan on putting a piece of plate between both tubes and plating it all in IF my math turns out to have been correct on the caster. On the bolt I used a 17mm hardened bolt. I drilled a 19mm hole in 3/8" plate and welded both sides.

·
User Registered
1,279 Posts
Valhalla1, I live off 64 Hwy in Cleveland. If you need a hand just let me know. My love for the TTB is fading away and I am saving up for a set of axles. My TTB binds up pretty bad when I backup in reverse.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts