Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my running boards and am thinking about selling them. Any idea what these go for? From a '96 EB.

Thanks,
Tommy

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve83 said:
There's a Parts For Sale forum...
Yes, you're absolutely right. And I searched there (as I always to before posting a question). And I found nothing. And I searched ebay. And I found nothing.

If these things go for $40, I'd keep them. If they sell for $200, I'd sell them. But with no sample data, it's hard to know what people are paying for them. And, no, I'm not going to just throw them up there for an astronomic amount of money just to see if someone bites.

qcbronc, thanks for the info. These are the nicest running boards I've seen, but I'm not a huge fan of any boards. Wasn't sure what the consensus was among other folks, though....

Tommy

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Sweet Bronco.

You're not gonna get much if anything on here for them but you might be able to sell them for a pretty decent price locally. Most of the guys on here don't care for them because they don't protect(like sliders). They're just a step and for looks. There are lots of people out there though that do like them for that purpose so if I were you I'd put them up for sale locally for about $200 obo and see if you get any takers.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, guys, here's the deal. I don't really care for the running boards. If they're worth a couple hundred bucks, I'd sell them. If not, I'll just stash them in the attic just in case I ever feel like putting them back on...or a prospective buyer of the truck wants them. I removed them to prevent damaging them last weekend and I can get in/out just fine without them so they're staying off.

I thought about putting them up on craigslist, but what to ask? That is the reason for my post. Sure, I could put them up there for $300 OBO, but I'm thinking that's not realistic. I typically prefer to ask close to what I want. I don't try to screw people out of excessive amounts of money. So despite what some folks may allude to, I searched. I searched here and ebay and craigslist. Found nothing...literally. Guess I'm venturing out into uncharted territory! Never would've thought it. ;) Anyway, I don't doubt they're worth nothing to serious wheelers, but not everyone is serious about their offroading.

For those who may be interested, the brackets are all in great shape with no rust. PM me an offer, but I'm really not interested in shipping these things unless you're willing to pay a premium for the hassle and expense. ;)

Tommy

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Find a local auto body shop and ask them. I'm sure they'd at least tell you what they would charge a customer(or insurance company) if they had to replace a set on a car in their shop. They rarely go with oem also, if they can find aftermarket or good used(i.e. JY) they will do that also, so keep that in mind.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts