Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing new valve cover gaskets I decided to throw on my old Ford Racing "tall" cast covers. Right now I just cut 1/4 20 threads over a 1/4 28 ready-rod temporarily to help the gasket seat. I've checked Fastenall, hardware stores and various distributers at work for longer heat treated studs and have come up with nothing. My question is for you guys that have these... What did you use for the two top studs that go all the way through the valve cover? Do the valve covers come with hardware?

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wood, but now I have a new problem. As many of you know you cant pull the motor with these valve covers on if you have A/C. And you cant get the valve covers off with the studs in the heads because the covers need to be "manuvered" off even without the studs. Now say the studs become rusted or stuck in the heads over time and you need to pull the motor, now you're fawked. I didnt give this much thought cause with my lower Moroso covers I could pull them with the studs left in. Now the answer to my own problem would be pull the studs and use bolts.:duh

·
Registered
980 Posts
use some Anti-Seize on them??, Jegs has the hardened ones that you can use a screw driver on, that's where I got mine and I have the same valve covers but no A/C, I believe the ones I got are part number #397-M-6680-A ( I think they have a phillips head cross cut in the top ? I will have to look)
or there are these and I think they use a small allan wrench? #710-68820
just go to www.jegs.com

·
Registered
410 Posts
i don't have those exact covers,i have trickflow ones,but they still use a long mounting bolt.i went to fastenall and got some long 1/4" set screws.they have an allen hex head and i just cut them to fit.got some 1/4 flange nuts there too.my ac/heater box is upstairs in my garage so i don't have to fight with that anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.