Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my 460, and I am going to use roller rockers. So i need new valve covers. I was looking on summit and they have several models with no holes in them. I know this is a stupid question, but how do you put oil in, and what about the pcv valve? THanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
My guess is you have to put the holes in yourself. I don't know. I can't think of any other way to put the oil in besides getting a skinny funnel and putting it in through the dip stick.

Sorry, not much help.

Solid.
:beer

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Many aftermarket covers don't punch the holes, but the knockouts are there. This is true for cast aluminum covers at any rate. Most steel covers have holes in them for breathers and you often put oil in through the PCV holes. I just ran into this with my Camaro. It's nice to not have the big oil fill cap in the cover, but it's a pain to put 5 or 6 quarts of oil in through a 3/4" hole :banghead

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
yup, drill it or mill it. also, i was going roller rockers, but after telling the guys at different engine and head shops what it was for, they said save the money. truck motors dont really run at high RPM for long duration so the bearings arent really saving you that much friction or getting you a bunch of HP. i was all set to get my d0ve-c heads redone with bigger (SCJ) valves and rollers and they asked what it was for. i pointed at my truck and they said save your money. you can get roller tip rockers that are stamped and they are $70 a set and use stock valve covers. but its your money and i am not trying how to tell you how to spend it, i am going to get fabicated ones eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts