Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a dual wheel van axle for $100. But I don't know what axle it is as it is about a hour away(Seller has no clue). I looked and searched an found the they mostly had the Dana 60, or 61. But found nothing about a dually in a van.

I am looking to do either a sterling 10.25, or a 14 bolt in the rear (I have no qualms about the GM issue). Any clue as to what axle this is?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
if its a dually the wms is gonna be a little off. And dually's usually have their on specific axle shafts. Since your unsure and can't check it, and its an hour away, i would just hold off. If you keep looking you can probably score a FF 14 bolt for less than $100, probably even a 10.25. Do you have a pullapart style junkyard close to you?

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its a dually the wms is gonna be a little off. And dually's usually have their on specific axle shafts. Since your unsure and can't check it, and its an hour away, i would just hold off. If you keep looking you can probably score a FF 14 bolt for less than $100, probably even a 10.25. Do you have a pullapart style junkyard close to you?
There is one that is 45 minutes away and just has cars. Plenty of Taurus fans, but nothing major.

Just found out about a new one that is closed on Saturdays.....

OK, I missed out on a FF 14 bolt with disk brakes by about 30 minutes on CL for $175...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts