Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the one on top of the gas tank, i can find one anywhere, no one seems to carry them anymore, where can i get one? or can i seal the top of the tank?

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Try Jeffs bronco graveyard or Rock auto....

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
DvlRacer said:
It's the thing next to the TPS, right?
Hey thats my line...

Rockauto has damn near every stock part you could need.

·
Banned
35,160 Posts
I probably have one, but you can get one at any junkyard. They were used on every F-series & Bronco from the 70s up to ~'93, & probably most other Fords of that era. The design changed somewhere around '94 to 2 outlets. (I edited the diagram above, so check it again.) You could use the newer design, though.

DON'T try to plug it - the tank COULD rupture or explode. For a sealed tank, you MUST use a vented filler cap, but those are probably harder to find than rollover valves. Crimping the the line from the valve is the same as plugging the hole solid - too much pressure.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Never heard of one going out before and since the motor was swapped out in your rig I doubt it's hooked up anyway.. Why not just cap it off?? Can that be done safely??? I don't mean the tank, I'm talking about just capping off the line with something and a hose clamp.....

Next best guess would be Steve83, Obsolete Ford Parts Inc or a Stealership... But I doubt your gonna get that lucky.. I did see on JBG that you can order the tank w/o the hole, Might be a good last option-----Fog

Edit-- Just saw Steve's post... Answered my question...

JBG shows this http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-30260_bronco_gas_tank_roll_over_breather_valve.htm/?o=&st=vapor valve&sy=

They call it roll over valve-----Kinda pricey. I'd go for JY or Steve.....

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
colinlesser said:
neither of them list it, could it be listed under a different name?
nope it is the vapor valve....and something that has been bugging the shit out of me....when are you getting your 89 out of impound?

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yea i almost forgot, i got a full bolt set for the truck engine today from a company called Bolt Locker www.boltlocker.com they have really good prices and the bolts are top quality (way stonger than stock) check em out if you need any bolt sets, i ordered a set with all the bolts for the valve covers, termostat housing,headers,water pump,fuel pump,coil brackets,oilpan, carb, crank pulley,timing cover, fan pulley, and intake manifold it cost like 32 or 35 with shipping and got here in like 2 days, check em out

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 89 is gone, they sold it while i was sitting in jail, i was in for almost 3 months, ive got my eye on a 90 bronc 351 but i need to finish this truck before i get another vehicle, ive already got a 79 f150, a 85 grandmarquis, and a 04 cavalier sitting here, my yard is starting to look like a parking lot, once i finish the truck ill cover it with a tarp in the backyard and leave it be until i finish the heads on the marquis then ill either sell the marquis for like 1000 to buy a bronc or give the marquis to my g/f, she needs to learn to drive, shes 20 and still cant drive. everything is either too big for her to drive or its a manual and she refuses to even learn a manual. i really dont understand the whole "its too big of a car for me" thing she keeps saying, shes 6'1 for shits sake

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
colinlesser said:
the one on top of the gas tank, i can find one anywhere, no one seems to carry them anymore, where can i get one? or can i seal the top of the tank?

no thats the canister purge valve.

the one on top of the tank is called a rollover valve

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the one on top of my tank was just a vapor valve, it ran to the charcoal cannister, its just one outlet on it, its made of plastic i belive, mine rotted out, steve if you have one ill buy it off ya, i really need it, i can just have gas spillin

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
I put that bolt place in my favorites, That will come in handy when I finally get around to assembling my other 302.

They sold your Bronco on you? Those bastages! Aren't they supposed to give you the chance to pay for the impound fees first?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.