Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a few small issues I would love to figure out and get my ride fixed up.

1. So the PO put a custom air filter on there and I would like to either replace that or put a stock on back on there but I am not totally sure how. Here is a picture of the current one: http://imgur.com/I7aycHN My buddy told me this might be lowering my MPG? If so I'd like to switch it out for stock

2. I would like to make it a little quieter, I love the rumble of the 351 but the rest of the road noise it a little rough on longer trips. So I am thinking of adding some rubberized undercoating to the wheel carriages. Is there any problem with just putting this all over the undercarriage for noise and rust? To help even more with the noise and to help my top last longer I was thinking of just covering the whole exterior of my fiberglass top with it, any issues with this and think it would help with noise?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The current air filter is a K&N and looks like it needs cleaned. You can find a kit to clean and re oil it at any parts house.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike any idea how to tell if it is cotton or synthetic so I know which kit to buy? And any idea if this sort of intake makes a difference for mpg or power?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have no experience with undercoating. I do know that spray in bed liners do make a difference in road noise on pickup truck beds, but it is nothing compared to sound deadening material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts