Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good bronco/ford/302/offroad shop or mechanic in Vegas. Still having issues with my "new" engine. Nevada Valve Train won't do anything to help it run better and told me to get a tune up. I've had two and the problem is they keep tuning it to factory specs but it's not factory so... If someone can steer me in the right direction?

Got to do this fast. Took the truck out the other night for the 1st time in over a month with the fiance'. It made it to the gas station and back...we didn't do any night wheelin'. Cracked a hose so coolant went all over. That was enough to make the fiance' start to think. I park the bronco and my other car in the garage. She parks her's outside. She want's to trade her car in on a Jeep Rubicon and have me sell my "unreliable" Bronco and park her new jeep in the garage. So you get what I'm saying? Help me keep my Bronco alive living healthy with a roof over it's head!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want it to run right...as in strong and reliable. Would be nice if I could get it to pass emissions as well. It's currently not licensed due to failing smog. Was looking to either pass or put in the $400 in repairs to pass, fail and get a smog waiver. I just don't have the time, tools, place, or know how to do it myself. So I need to be pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you have any check engine lights?

Does it run ok? Or does it run rough?

I would be more than happy to work on it, but I'm in the middle of moving. I have to be out of my house by april 3. If you can wait a while till I get into a new house I could do it.

As far as knowing a shop to work on it. I know of a couple shop I trust but it will probably be expensive.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs very rough. I haven't touched it since it pissed coolant. I just need it to run like it did after I had the engine put in. It lasted about a week then went bad. If you could just give me the names and numbers of some shops you trust, that'd be more than enough help. Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't know what side of town your on but both of these are by the airport eastern and patrick area.

Daves Automotive would be my first choice. He's a pretty cool guy and his prices seem fair. If you call him tell him John Hujer (sounds like Hoyer) with Harsch investment properties sent you.

Discount muffler and brake.

I don't have #'s for them but you should be able to find them in the yellow pages. If not let me know and I'll get them for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hell... I'm 19 but I can get around cars pretty well. I would be more than happy to stop on by and take a look. I live on Torrey Pines and Flamingo, and would be more than happy to stop by even tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts