Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to vegas on monday to find some parts. i was going to look for a 9", but is there any one in particular that i should look for. any tricks into finding the best ones out there... and is there a way i can tell if its 31 spline or a 35? thanks in advance...

·
Registered
383 Posts
A factory 9" was either 28 or 31 spline. 35 spline is available with aftermarket parts. The late Bronco and F150 ('78-'83) used the 31 spline shafts. Thse are the best choice for you because they are a bolt in swap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyway i can see what spline the axle is on the out side, or must the axles be taken out to determine what spline they are.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
is there anyway i can see what spline the axle is on the out side, or must the axles be taken out to determine what spline they are.
1/2 ton pickups and broncos of the years 78-83 will have 31 spline axles. Lincolns, mustangs, etc will have 28 spline and will be to narrow. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are going for a wider trackwidth with your Bronco you should get one out of a late 70's/early 80's Ford E-100 van. They are 63" flange to flange which I believe comes out to around 1.5" wider per side than stock and they have 31 splined axles. It's what I am using on my Bronco.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are going for a wider trackwidth with your Bronco you should get one out of a late 70's/early 80's Ford E-100 van. They are 63" flange to flange which I believe comes out to around 1.5" wider per side than stock and they have 31 splined axles. It's what I am using on my Bronco.
thanks... ill keep that in mind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts