Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to use to attach these three spots on the weatherstripping by the vent window. It was originally an industrial staple of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have you installed them yet? This was probably the most difficult, time-consuming and frustrating job I’ve done on this Bronco. I just used an electric stapler with longer T-50 staples and tried to recreate the factory setup. Stapled through and then tapped pointy ends down. Be prepared with a cocktail...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Oh boy, thanks for the warning......

·
Registered
723 Posts
I did the window weatherstripping and cat whiskers and that is frustrating too. Trying to slide the stripping down into the window channels inside the doors just tears your arms to pieces. I'm convinced window weatherstripping of any kind pretty much sucks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the window weatherstripping and cat whiskers and that is frustrating too. Trying to slide the stripping down into the window channels inside the doors just tears your arms to pieces. I'm convinced window weatherstripping of any kind pretty much sucks.
We are doing the windows as well. Not looking forward to the arm carnage. Was there anything used to "attach" the window weatherstripping or does it just hold in place?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Basically a tongue and groove type fit. I used some petroleum jelly to help slide it into place. Make sure the channels are clean. I wish you less carnage than I experienced.
You probably want to locate the elbows at the upper door run first and then let the balance of the trim fall where it may.
Some plastic trim removal tools may help in getting the tongue to seat in the grooves.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Did you try taking the rail out of the window to install..... easiest thing to do

·
Registered
748 Posts
We are doing the windows as well. Not looking forward to the arm carnage. Was there anything used to "attach" the window weatherstripping or does it just hold in place?
Nono don't do it like he did, remove the hardware rails from the door and apply it after, have to remove the glass but it's not hard at all and lets you deep clean everything

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nono don't do it like he did, remove the hardware rails from the door and apply it after, have to remove the glass but it's not hard at all and lets you deep clean everything

Didn't remove anything. Sounds like I should have.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah there's like 2 bolts on each side that lets you take the rails out after removing the glass

Yeah there's like 2 bolts on each side that lets you take the rails out after removing the glass

Thanks, I want to be sure I understand. I have the rail out that the vent window is part of so that I can do the vent window. I have taken out the other rail when I installed the door handles. I am not sure how the weatherstripping would be installed for the main window when those rails are out. How would you be sure it is being put in the right place?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks, I want to be sure I understand. I have the rail out that the vent window is part of so that I can do the vent window. I have taken out the other rail when I installed the door handles. I am not sure how the weatherstripping would be installed for the main window when those rails are out. How would you be sure it is being put in the right place?
So just start from the bottom of the rail upwards, make sure the channel is clean. You push the felt strip in the channel slowly and make sure it's kind of locked in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts