Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I've owned my Bronc its has always vibarated...actually bounced up and down slightly...at 60-70 MPH. It has been getting worse lately and I thought it was something like and bad drive shaft or bad bearing or??? It was really bothersome. Well today I drove it into Reno and it was especially bad. It was kind of cold but nothing earth shattering. So I stopped at PepBoys to look around a bit...I like that place and I like their prices... and I started talking to the service guy about tires. Well when the conversation ended I had spent $776.00 on some new shoes for baby. My old tires were really dry rotted and the tread was very low. PepBoys has the buy 4 get one free sale still going on and this little service guy gave me an extra 10% off cuz it's Christmas...or I'm old or something so I got a set of 33X12.50x15 Definity Dakota A/Ts and I get a check back from PepBoys for $159.00 or thereabouts. So the final price is $617.00. Not bad at all. These are made by Cooper and have a 50,000 mile no bs warranty.:thumbup Nice aggressive tread pattern. BUT what is the kicker is that the vibrations and bouncing were due to my old BFG T/As. Driving home at 70 on the freeway was as smooth as a baby's ass.:toothless

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thank God....I'll keep an eye and ear peeled. They do make a little noise but nothing compared to an M/T tire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ha you think you had shake/bounce problems... try letting your truck sit all winter on 38" bias ply swampers... then hit the road. HAhaha. its like driving your truck with "Stop sign" shaped tires.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
For future reference a driveshaft, hub/axle bearing, pinion bearing is gonna be a smaller vibration, like you would feel from a phone - only more intense. When the "waves" of the vibe are closer together. And you'll feel it at most speeds.

Tires are usually gonna be more of a bounce, and can come and go at certain speeds, and increase/get worse at higher speeds. Like a bad balance will eventually find a "sweet spot" where it'll even out.

Driveline vibrations can mostly be felt in your seat.
Bad tires are gonna be felt more in the steering wheel like the dang truck is gonna bounce off the road.

That's a good lookin tire and there's nothing like the feel or new balanced tires after you've been driving on shitty ones. Like driving a new truck.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's funny I felt nothing in the wheel. Just this up and down vibration...I kind of thought tires cuz mine were pretty bad. It vibrated so bad the hood would shake....HAHAHAHAHA

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm impressed with these tires. Big fat deep lugs. Little bit of siping and tread pattern that looks a lot like BFG T/As. I like 'em. Five ply tread and two ply sidewall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts