Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had a vibration when i start out at a very low mph. I mean pretty much before I get across the intersection so like 8mph. Above that it's fine.
The kind of vibration that likes to shake the doors and dash.
It does it all the time but pulling a car and trailer the other day I noticed it worse since I was accelerating slower so I figured it was time to ask.
It did it with both the old and new tires and the new ones should be balanced so I don't see it as that, especially at 8mph.
Can't hardly be RPM based as it doesn't do it again at higher gears when the RPM's would be about the same.
Center differentials have been replaced with truetrac's and it did it before and after, and after had new bearings.
Rear drive shaft is lubed where it slides.
I'm out of ideas but it's a very out of balance vibration that comes and goes quickly right as I start out from a stop sign.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
311 Posts
sure sounds like a drive shaft problem, but if your sure that aint it the maybe your front wheel bearings

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I agree. Sounds like a rear driveshaft. I would take it out and drive off the front shaft to see if the vibration has gone away. Just test it out don't drive normally with just the front, especially if your towing something.
If the vibration apears to be gone take the rear shaft to a driveline shop and have them test the balance. I bet it's either out of balance of you have a bad u-joint.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the driveshaft off and drove around in FWD. Got asked to join green peace for being so eco friendly going to FWD, but besides that I am not sure it's gone. Seems to be maybe less noticable but probably has to do with which way the front wheels torque stuff pulling instead of pushing.

I'll take it to a driveshaft shop and see if they can check the balance. U-joints all look good but I'll just replace them since it's out.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,443 Posts
i see you said you changed the tires.. but it sounds to me like youve got broken steel belts in the tires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure sounds like a drive shaft problem, but if your sure that aint it the maybe your front wheel bearings
I agree. Sounds like a rear driveshaft. I would take it out and drive off the front shaft to see if the vibration has gone away. Just test it out don't drive normally with just the front, especially if your towing something.
If the vibration apears to be gone take the rear shaft to a driveline shop and have them test the balance. I bet it's either out of balance of you have a bad u-joint.
Sounds like a driveshaft. Not out of balance though, it sounds like its got a U-joint angle off.
All new u-joints, center section and balance and it's still there.
I'm sure most people wouldn't notice it, it's such a quick 1 and done vibration starting out.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
jack the front end up and try to move the tires in and out, its if theres any play its gonna be wheel bearings. or maybe a spindle bearing. It would be worth it to check em out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts