Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a line on a sweet rig(87 or 88 bronco) for a great price but the seller is a bit shady. and was wondering if there is someplace else that i could look for a Vin # on the truck (besides the door and the dash)? thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
beat ass rig said:
i have a line on a sweet rig(87 or 88 bronco) for a great price but the seller is a bit shady. and was wondering if there is someplace else that i could look for a Vin # on the truck (besides the door and the dash)? thanks.
i thought under the hood there was a place for the vin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has been painted no door tag and the fire wall tag looks ok but i just want to be shure. i think that ford put a few Vin# on the body i just don't know where.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
While working on my frame restoration on the 84 Bronco, I came across some numbers stamped into the top of frame on the passenger side, just ahead of the firewall. I'll have to see this weekend if they match the VIN. But I've been told that the "secret" VIN location is there on all Broncos. I know it's there on the Early Broncos, just not certain about the FSB's. Anyhow, it would be hard to read with the motor installed and covered in mud or grime.:popc1:

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
The #'s on the frame isn't the VIN #. It is a # that is matched the the VIN #.. (I swapped my frame on my nissan and had that portion of the frame removed off the old frame so it wouldn't reapear somewhere else. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are 2 locations on the frame that are stamped with the VIN. On my 1976 F150 it is on the top of the frame rail between the firewall and core support the second is on top of the frame under the drivers seat area. I never did verify the one under the seat but the one by the alt is definitly there.
BTW the title goes with the frame. I did a cab swap and learned all about this... Somehow someone got ahold of the old drivers door and put it on a F250 that ended up being impounded and then junked and crushed. I receved a bill for the tow and then found out my title was no good. It took almost a year to prove my truck was not the one crushed and it came down to those two "secret" vin numbers.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
That's odd since VINs weren't standardized until '81.
:scratchhe That doesnt mean it doesnt have one. It has fewer digits than the current standard, but it's there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts