Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vinyl top is flaking in small spots from setting and drying out, any repair possible other than recovering ? And NO I dont want to just remove it or replace it with a soft top. Anyone ever done some kind of patch that looks decent?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the top is fiberglass, but isn't that a textured vinyl covering on the exterior ? It's just the outer layer that is peeling.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
When i'm all done with the mechanicals I'm gonna use either a 2 part epoxy or a one part polyurethane, rolled and tipped. The nice thing is if you have the textured roof it'll be a lot more forgiving. If you want 'perfect' on smoothe f/glass you have to spray something like lp or Awlgrip----both of which are insanely expensive to do. Here's another f'glass primer for ya. And a link to some polyurethane paints......

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Paint-Fiberglass

Warning. Epifanes is about as expensive as it gets and is usually reserved for mega-yachts, but you get the idea.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.