Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has ever installed a VIPER alarm with a remote start. I have a project 1995 with the 5.8 and was wondering how to disable the current security system before I install the new alarm and start.

Any thoughts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Wondering if anyone has ever installed a VIPER alarm with a remote start. I have a project 1995 with the 5.8 and was wondering how to disable the current security system before I install the new alarm and start.

Any thoughts
I do have the VIPER alarm with a remote start. I've had it for over 5 years and there was some issues initially and continually. I don't like other people working on my BKO but your concerns where my concerns so I found a reputable shop and had them do the install. A few days after having the system installed I had issues with the factory alarm going off. I demanded the owner look at a Saturday morning when I was there. He agreed and the issue was traced to the LED bulbs I installed for brake lights. I was good to go for the most part after I switched to traditional bulbs.

Ever since, once in a while the factory alarm will go off if I use the unlock feature of the Viper remote. The shop has told me that supposed to lock and unlock only using the Viper System. The shop claims the alarm is going off because I am locking the doors from within the truck and the alarm system doesn't like that. That's not true but I have not been able to replicate it in their presence so I live with the issue. Since I leave my house at 0530 for work, when I use the remote start the only way I am guaranteed that alarm won't go off and piss of the neighbors is to unlock the doors with the key. Alarm has never gone off this way, annoying but I live with it.

·
Registered
92 5.0 E4OD metallic root beer work in progress
298 Posts

Any thoughts
When you say current system, do you mean aftermarket or factory?
The factory control module, I believe, is located under the drivers side dash. It should not affect anything if you unplug it. I’m sure some of the car stereo forums would have a wealth of knowledge on this one, but the older security systems and cars were pretty compatible…. With the exception of the high end Chevys. They had the anti theft transponder built into the key. There’s a whole chart and resistance test on how to bypass that, to use remote start. Fords, not so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts